Your gun laws are a mistake: National Rifle Association to Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our gun laws can be annoying, but they have saved lives, no doubt about it
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

A mass murderer at Port Arthur was the catalyst for greatly increased gun control.

Had he not rum amuk I guess our gun controls would not be so strict.

Whether my readers regard that as good or bad is another issue.

Comment

Apparently people like slowwie, reg collider, dinodoc etc think it's OK for innocent children, blacks in churches etc to be massacred by guns...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          Sorta similar to my reaction when Australians (or anyone else) complain that our gun laws are not restrictive enough.
          Unfortunately America's love of guns affects us adversely, by increasing the supply of illegal guns. Do our gun control laws affect you adversely?
          Last edited by ricketyclik; July 13, 2015, 08:23. Reason: Phone's auto spell - replaced "fun" for "gun". Point taken.

Comment

Reg collider won't be happy until it is legal in the US for white people with guns to be able to hunt and kill black people for sport - not just the police...

Comment

The real point I'm trying to make here is the way the NRA lied its arse off about the stats.

Don't get me wrong Reg, I get where you're coming from. I used to totally love guns too, when I was 14 and really insecure about my manhood.

Comment

Comment

Annoyingly, the second amendment will keep our country flooded with guns for at least another generation (new amendments are very hard to pass). I'd be fine with private gun ownership as a privilege, like driving--it's a very effective way to keep the deer population down. As an absolute right, it's rather silly.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

When I say annoying, a friend gave my sons a shoot with his 303. I went to buy some ammo to pay him back, it's not cheap, about a dollar a round. I couldn't even buy rounds without a license
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Annoyingly, the second amendment will keep our country flooded with guns for at least another generation (new amendments are very hard to pass). I'd be fine with private gun ownership as a privilege, like driving--it's a very effective way to keep the deer population down. As an absolute right, it's rather silly.
                      I agree.
                      It is disturbing that there are people in america who are not bright enough to even pass basic education ... but hey, at least they have the right to own guns (and, in some states, even openly carry them ... even into security sensitive regions like airport terminals)
                      As disturbing as seeing kids who are allowed by the shooting range at ages like 4 years ... and extra cute guns being marketed especially for kids ... like the pink rifle in the pic below

Spoiler:
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I thought the girl that accidentally Uzied that instructor on the firing range was particularly disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                          Apparently people like slowwie, reg collider, dinodoc etc think it's OK for innocent children, blacks in churches etc to be massacred by guns...
                          It's a small price to pay for freedom. But seriously, if the shear number of tragic gun massacres that occur in America won't get anything done, I don't know what will.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The problem with gun control at this point is that it's really too late. There are already too many damn guns in the country.
                            I don't see the government ever being given the power to invade people's homes and confiscating any guns they find.
                            Yeah, we should stop the selling of automatic weapons and cop killer ammo... Make it more difficult for morons to buy guns...
                            But frankly, there is really not much the government can do at this point. It's a real problem that won't be going away, no matter how many speeches windbag politicians make.
                            The culture will have to change... and it doesn't seem to be happening with enough people. Too many idiots think it's their god given right to own an automatic weapon...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I know, we can't even make the small steps. Even the private selling of smart guns was met with death threats from gun fanatics.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Time to invade Australia and bring gun freedoms to the oppressed population. They don't have any guns so it should be easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X