No announcement yet.

There is something wrong with todays young women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the guard in Copenhagen, many years ago, not very well turned out at that time. Looked like conscripts who didn't want to be there.

I suspect things have changed for the better since, especially with all the overseas service. The Danes and Norwegians did very well in Afghanistan.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Perhaps depends on who gets there.
      The german peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan, for example,
      IIRC consisted in 100% professional soldiers who volunteered for the task
      (in contrast to conscripts which, also in germany, make up a good percentage of regular forces)

Maybe it´s similar for denmark and norway ... mix of professional soldiers and conscripts at home, 100% professionals in peacekeeping forces
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Cavalry upgrades to Tanks!
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          The german peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan, for example,
          IIRC consisted in 100% professional soldiers who volunteered for the task
          Maybe it´s similar for denmark and norway ... mix of professional soldiers and conscripts at home, 100% professionals in peacekeeping forces
          The Germans fielded a lot of conscripts who volunteered.

I was against it - once you blood the greyhound, who know where it will lead? Ukraine anyone? They know the ground
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I think you're secretly proud of her, I would be.

Also, if some cradle-snatching perv like Oerdin comes sniffing around, she'll be able to knee him in the bollocks and take him down.
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Also, if she saw some sheep banger, she'll be able to knee him in the bollocks and take him down.

Comment

Yeah, but seeing as I prefer banging sheep, she wouldn't be threatened by me to need to be kneed in the bollocks...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Mobius feels the need, the kneed for speed...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Kneed results in the opposite of speed...
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah, I guess that MOBIUS' needs make him perfer to bend his cabriole legs so he can kneel and get the feel from the fleece of the ewe - just beware of the tups unless you feel a need to be kneed.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I find your in-depth knowledge of sheep disturbing.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

It's quite superficial - MOBIUS are the litterally in-depth expert.
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                            Nah, not that much secret about that

I did the same back then when tired of books and needed something different for a year. Though, they didn't offer me a parashooting course

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Love women in uniform

Comment

We're going to need all the female warriors we can get. Recently the Kurds discovered a weapon that Jihadis fear more than anything else - women. When the Kurds announced that they were forming an all women's fighting unit the local commander of ISIS protested because they believe that a man killed in battle by a woman can not claim the reward of a martyr. Now we know their weakness.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X