Is Tyrian really a Targarean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tyrian really a Targarean?

So here is one theory which has been floating around for a while but which hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. Twin La nister was hand of the king to mad king Aeris. Joanna Lanister was known to be quite friendly with Aeris and to spend much time with him. We know that Twin and Aeris had a big falling out after which Tywin was sent he and was no longer hand of the king. Shortly after Tyrian was born and Joanna died giving birth to him while Tywin, his proported father always hated him. This was followed by Tywin joining robert's rebellion and resulting in Aeris being killed and Kingsland ing getting sacked.

When Tyrian shot his, proported father Tywin, with a cross bow for a life time of betrayal, Tywin bleed out that Tyrian was no son of his and before that he repeatedly declared that Tyrian would never inherited caster ly rock despite him being the legal next in line.

So what caused this? Was Tywin telling the truth? Was Tyrian no son of his, was that why Tywin hated him so much? Was Tyrian really the bastard love child of Joanna and Aeris?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Assuming you're talking about the books (never seen the show), I'm inclined to doubt it. It's hard to gauge by looks since Tyrion's a mutant dwarf, but you'd think he'd have inherited some of Aeris's instability and resemble his father less in personality.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Oerdin, are you drunk? You can't spell one bit.

It's very likely that Jon's a Targaryen, somewhat less likely that Tyrion is.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

It's very likely that Jon's a Targaryen, somewhat less likely that Tyrion is.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Tywin also said he let Tyrian live as a baby for the good of the family, and he had no proof that he was not his son (if he did, or seriously believed it, he would surely be resourceful enough to let Tyrion die in an "accident" years earlier).
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I agree with Dauphin.
            and if Tywin had known/suspected about Tyrion being a Targaryen,
            Cersei would very probably also have gained knowledge of this and I am sure she would have used this knowledge even more intensely than Tywin in order to kill "the monster"
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Some points

-To the best of my understanding Tywin resigned as hand because Jamie joined the Kingsguard without his permission, depriving him of his heir and not because of Tyrion.
              -The Lannisters joined the rebellion because not only was Aerys insane and cruel, but because the rebels already had the upper hand and their victory was pretty much assured as long as the Lannisters remained neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                IIRC he has a very aggressive and dumb autocorrect on his iThingy.

It's very likely that Jon's a Targaryen.
                See, that's what I figured, given the steadfast refusal to identify his parentage, but then he got apparently shanked to death prison-style by most of his friends in the last book. It didn't explicitly say he died, but it's hard to believe he's going to show up in the next one when he's got like twenty knife-holes in him. I don't know what exactly GRRM is playing but "well, he was a Taggeryagger" doesn't seem like an awesome plot-twist to me.
                1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

See, that's what I figured, given the steadfast refusal to identify his parentage, but then he got apparently shanked to death prison-style by most of his friends in the last book. It didn't explicitly say he died, but it's hard to believe he's going to show up in the next one when he's got like twenty knife-holes in him. I don't know what exactly GRRM is playing but "well, he was a Taggeryagger" doesn't seem like an awesome plot-twist to me.
                  The lord of light is known to be able to resurrect deaths (remember the R´hllor Priest in the brotherhood without banners who was able to resurrect the leader multiple times). And now Melisandre is at Castle black. Why she hasn´t been able to resurrect anyone yet, maybe now the time has come that R´hllor grants her this ability as well ... and allows her to resurrect Jon.

If a sacrifice is necessary to do so, I´d suggest Olly
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Ah, that's right. I'd forgotten that even dead doesn't mean dead anymore. Good call, then.

I was under the impression that the whole resurrection thing was simply a form of magic that the R'hllor people ignorantly associate with their deity--it mentions that old Valyrian magic was heavily into blood and fire, and the books make the whole cult seem kind of silly and Sister Miriam-y, its followers extremely blinkered.
                    1011 1100

Comment

Yeah, even my wife, who isn't that big of a fan, said How convenient that Melisandre is at castle black. I was amused that she thought of it before I did.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In the books, she's always at Castle Black (she doesn't leave with Stannis), so it's a bit more subtle - the show definitely hit it on the nose with... oh look, Mel is back at the Castle like two scenes before Jon gets stabbed...
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

As far as the Tyrion being a Targaryen thing - When I re-read Game of Thrones, I was startled that when Tyrion was first introduced he was described as having really, really fair blond hair. Much lighter than his brother and sister. And one of his two eyes is purple (the other is green). I had a thought that maybe that could be the case. After all, just because his personality isn't like Aerys II doesn't mean too much - Rheagar's personality wasn't much like his father's either. And supposedly Aerys II didn't go really mad until later in life... so Tyrion could have that to look forward to .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                          X