No announcement yet.

The Ashes: Let's get the party started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bloody pitch and weather, why do the English do this?

it's okay I know
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I think they trying to get OUR Ashes.

Comment

Day 3!

The figures don't really do justice to how shocking Watson was today. He really looked like he couldn't be bothered. It's lucky he was only conceding about 4 an over, because bowling at 75mph on a pitch like that meant he'd have died of old age before he took a wicket. It was embarrassing.

In other news- Bell just saved his test career. It might have been "only" 60, but there were some glorious strokes in there. Lyth still looks unconvincing, and I want to punch Cook.

And Starc gets a Victoria Cross. Clearly in substantial pain, but still belting down 90mph balls? Hero material. Good man.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I've never understood why they select Watson. His record is abysmal for all the chances he has had. There must be some state politics in it. They are still talking about his potential ten years into his career.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Lordy Bob. Australia need serious heroics from Haddin now.

Comment

And he's out. We have a confirmed batting collapse. The prayers for rain should be starting now.

Comment

well played England

Comment

A great photo here that pinpoints the technical shortfalls of Shane Leonard Brian Wilberforce Watson.

Comment

If they pick him again there shall be uproar

Comment

I'm glad that Cardiff put on an awesome Ashes and showcased what a great city it is

One of English cricket's most respected writers tells how Cardiff has seduced him this week... admitting he got it all wrong about the Welsh capital
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

no Moby, once again Wales was a pawn in an evil English plot

Comment

Best of 5 and 3 days per - this will take forever to finish.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

best of 5 and 5 days per - this is not a limited overs match you know

At one time tests went on until there was a result

The longest, iirc, was in Durban South Africa and continued for over two weeks

It only ended, declared a draw, because the English team had to catch their boat

Comment

Haddin will not play the second test due to "personal reasons".

37 years old, on a run of bad form, and missing an Ashes test due to "personal reasons". I wouldn't put money on him ever playing another test.

Comment

imagine ending your career in Cardiff

Comment

Working...
                                X