The Stars and Stripes Should Be Banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
    Like I've explained before, I have an upside down American flag as my avatar, because our country that I love, is in serious distress.

So what do you think of someone proudly waving a Nazi flag at an American World War II memorial? It's nothing for anyone to get their panties all twisted up over, is it?
    I know you're reasoning and it changes nothing.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If I was born in the south, who I believe are the Americans closest in temperament to Australians, I'd be flying the confederate flag at my house today.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Specifically, Australia is similar to Texas.
        What we're seeing is a re-creation of the real reason for secession. We don't like federal intervention in all things.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I don't think the situation is comparable - MrFun may be loath to admit it, but homosexuals today aren't treated nearly as badly as blacks were treated 150 years ago. "We're going to secede over gay marriage" sounds a lot more petulant than "we're going to secede because we like to enslave blacks."
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Except that wasn't the true reason.
            5% were owners. That wasn't what did it.

Comment

Sure, it was an issue of states' rights (to legalize slavery)
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                I've read the texts of the declarations of secession. The Confederate founding leaders declared their states were seceding to preserve the natural order between whites and blacks (slavery).

The fact is, is that the historical documents from the time period clearly shows that slavery was the reason the Southern states seceded.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                  What then?
                  My point is that the Nazi flag and the Confederate flag are symbolic of things that are not worth celebrating. There's nothing proud about flying either flag, for different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    I've read the texts of the declarations of secession.
                    Was it a gay conspiracy?

Comment

I don't think the other 95% loved black people.

Comment

Specifically, Australia is similar to Texas.
                        You mean a bunch of racists and sexists?
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Unfortunately, yes. At least to the former.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            I don't think the other 95% loved black people.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                              If I was born in the south, who I believe are the Americans closest in temperament to Australians, I'd be flying the confederate flag at my house today.
                              I believe you.

Comment

The thing is state loyalties are huge in Australia. They come first, before the federal thing.

A lot of good old boys died honorably fighting for the Confederacy because their state swung that way. I honor and respect them, and their battle flags. I really get that. I would do the same.

Sloww, I also feel deeply honored you think of Aussies as like Texans - straight back at you man.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X