should obama have said what he said today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
    You are a traitor piece of crap who wants to see American assets in the hands of corporations.

**** you, corporate stooge

"sherman shoulda kept burnin" is a slogan that comes to mind
    Actually, I want to see more corporate activity, growth and job creation in the U.S. More jobs equals more people buying houses...which means more $$ for me.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO View Post
      Actually, I want to see more corporate activity, growth and job creation in the U.S. More jobs equals more people buying houses...which means more $$ for me.
      You want to enslave everyone under a river of debt to prop up a corporate oligarchy.

Too bad the country you hate so much allows you the freedom to spread such filth.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You want to enslave everyone under a river of debt to prop up a corporate oligarchy.

Too bad the country you hate so much allows you the freedom to spread such filth.
        CAP I TAL ISM

Commie Bastard!

You and Ellestar need some buttlove!!
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

CAP I TAL ISM

Commie Bastard!

You and Ellestar need some buttlove!!
          Me and Ellestar?

You two are the ones who want a mafia style cabal of elites to be running things.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Me and Ellestar?

You two are the ones who want a mafia style cabal of elites to be running things.
            Nope. You are the one who wants a government designed around what you think is right. I want the voice of the people and free markets. That puts you squarely in with Ellestar. Nope...you can't run from it Sava.

Comment

Nope. You are the one who wants a government designed around what you think is right. I want the voice of the people and free markets. That puts you squarely in with Ellestar. Nope...you can't run from it Sava.
              There's nothing "free" about massive deficits as a result of stupid ass tax cuts.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There's nothing "free" about massive deficits as a result of stupid ass tax cuts.
                Apparently you really can't read. I already addressed the point that there needs to be adjustments in the higher income personal brackets as well. Even capital gains should be looked at.

Once again...you really don't get it.

Comment

• No. You don't get it.

I'm not the one trying to enslave the American people, bub.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No. You don't get it.

I'm not the one trying to enslave the American people, bub.
                    Apparently you are. I am the one who is advocating for greater prosperity and job growth. Since you are arguing with me, you must be against these things.

Since I actually believe you want the same thing, I can only assume that it is your limited in depth knowledge of the subject that is causing you to say all the stupid things you have.

I get it and so do a lot of members of Congress. The problem is that the stupid Republicans won't do what is necessary to make sure the revenue is still there because of their idiotic anti tax stance.

It is a clear fact that a lower corporate tax would stimulate growth and hugely increase capital investment. These are good things that will benefit us all.

Comment

• Your "growth"/comes off the backs of everyone. You are fascist scum
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Your "growth"/comes off the backs of everyone. You are fascist scum
                        You keep reaching and reaching but never grasping...always ending up farther from the truth.

Did you even have a clue that there is over $2.1 TRILLION dollars off shore from U.S. Corporations that won't bring the money back because of corporate tax rates?

Tax that at the OECD average of 24.1% and what do you have?

This is money that the government can use for the American people!

Why do you want to keep this from the people? Don't you realize how much that could help the poor and minorities? Why do you hate the poor? Why do you hate minorities? You don't even want them to have a chance at getting a decent job! Why do you hate America so much? You are a Commie Racist moron!

Comment

• Right. Because tax dodgers will go from paying zero to 20 whatever percent. Just because

So your theory on how to solve these problems is based upon "everyone treating each other with respect" and relying on the good conscience of corporations to pay their taxes

Are you for reaL?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Tax that at the OECD average of 24.1% and what do you have?
                            I don't think it's a clear-cut answer. Doing so lowers revenues on money that is already repatriated or domestic, and that which hasn't been repatriated can still float to the lowest common denominator for that specific type of economic activity. Trying to be the lowest common denominator for all specific types of economic activity would almost surely reduce tax revenue overall (especially in the near-term). There are governments out there that given a tax rate bidding war have every reason to actually pay for the money to be kept in their jurisdiction rather than to tax it.

Not to mention there are a lot of other tax dodges than just holding it overseas. Getting the money repatriated (or more likely, the business model restructured) is likely to see a large share of it passing through other loopholes rather than just adding to tax revenue.

The system is too complex and with too many loopholes for easy answers, which is why companies pay $millions to tax departments or to sway governments to save them $billions. The tax rates themselves may be meaningless except for those who don't have enough skin in the game to warrant paying the accountants/lobbyists.

Comment

• I speak to Obama often. He never makes the slightest bit of sense unscripted. It must have been his stoner youth.
                              born to lead, born to rule

http://www.concrete-online.co.uk/wp-...bullingdon.jpg

Comment

• This thread improved markedly since Sava and Plato took the gloves off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn.gif
Views:	1
Size:	482.2 KB
ID:	9101715

Comment

Working...
                                X