Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    We also have Iraq as good example ...
    not even more than one decade under occupation was enough to create an Iraq that is as stable as it was under Saddam
    I doubt there would be the will to sustain such a cost with an outcome being very uncertain. I certainly would not be in favour of another occupation.

I think, or at least hope, liberty and dem,ocracy will spread over the long term. Each country must find its own way, and that way may be long and tortuous.

Comment

my travels in North Korea say otherwise
      If your Irish, come into the parlour, there's a welcome there for you

http://www.exohuman.com/wordpress/wp...012/05/03.jpeg

Comment

Please explain.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's wealthier than Cork dear
          If your Irish, come into the parlour, there's a welcome there for you

http://www.exohuman.com/wordpress/wp...012/05/03.jpeg

Comment

I spent more than two years of my life closely following developments in North Korea from Seoul and I can tell you there is nothing at all to like to about any of the Kim clan, viscious murderers all.

Kim Jong-un has shown already through purges and other cruelty and capricious behaviour that he is just a chip off the old block. He even looks eerily like his grandfather Kim Il-sung at the same age, which probably helps him rule. Murdering the uncle that helped him into power was a very telling act of cold brutality, and surprisingly early in his dictatorship, quickly dispelling rumours he was just a puppet, which probably enraged him and triggered the fraticide.

If the regime really reforms, it falls. The Kims all know that, in spite of whatever window dressing they may put out to gull the international community or relieve internal pressure from time to time.

This latest piece of random visciousness, executing the architect for Pyongyang's new airport, says it all if true

Though it has been known in NK for people reported killed to later re-appear. This happened with Kim Jong-un's former mistress.

I highly recommend her hit song in North Korea "excellent horse-like Lady" with it's funky techno pop blips.

Last edited by Alexander's Horse; June 29, 2015, 04:37.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Thanks Horsie. I enjoyed listening to that song even though I don't know a word of Korean.

Comment

It would have been better if it were "An excellent lady-like horse".

Comment

To be fair, I've heard worse at Eurovision.

Comment

It's kind of catchy isn't it? The NK army vids are pretty good too! Like a bad war movie.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

This one good too, lol.

Comment

Truly an excellent horse-like Lady!
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The army ones are nice, but I prefer this one.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

In the first video (the one by AH) in 1:34 the beloved leader looks like Han in "2 broke girls"
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

funky, if you liked Monk's clip, you should like this, my personal favorite NK spoof

Comment

Working...
                              X