X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic

Hi RAH

It's been three days since I've responded to a Ben Post (well maybe not a full three days, but you get my point)
    I thank God for the strength to ignore his twisted lack of logic and his bigotry. With the help of everyone here I will resist and hopefully not respond.
    Responding only results in him doubling down oh whatever he's claiming he's not and gives him the opportunity to post again and again until the thread is unreadable.
    Putting him on ignore doesn't solve the problem. I must be tempted so my resolve is properly tested. This is the only way to purge the poison that he contributes here.

If he states another unchristian opinion while clutching to his belief that he's actually a good christian, I will not respond.

If I am weak and just can't stand it any longer and fall off the wagon, I'll get up and try to get right back on since in the end it will be for the greater good.

I'm looking for a sponsor who can help me when my weakness pulls at me the most.

I'm counting on all of you.

Thank you.

We'll now go around the circle.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

I don't think I've responded to Ben in months. You are right that even with the "ignore" the temptation is there - esp when there are like 5 posts in a row by him and others are responding.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

HI IMRAN

I am not as strong as you but I promise to try. I'll take whatever help I can get.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        HI IMRAN

I am not as strong as you but I promise to try. I'll take whatever help I can get.
        When was the last time you called you sponsor?
        To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

I'm still looking for one. I hope I can last as long as Imran.
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I suggest an old timer like MikeH.
            To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

It must be voluntary and no one has volunteered yet. I guess Ming would do, but he's not exactly the tolerant type.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't have anyone, including BK, on Ignore. If he posts a short, witty clip, I will sometimes read it and might even comment. If he is engaging in a lengthily rant/counter rant, I don't bother. So I don't mind a bit of Ben (or Kid, or Serb...) on occasion, but consume sparingly... too much has a deleterious effect.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Thanks to the ignore list, it must now be about a year since I last read one of his posts, let alone replied to one. There is hope, if your will is strong.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                    Thanks to the ignore list, it must now be about a year since I last read one of his posts, let alone replied to one. There is hope, if your will is strong.
                    And from there, it is but a short step to ignoring Kidicious as well.

I have not yet found the strength to add Serb, but I am weak.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I added Serb last week. I was all like, I don't use the ignore list... but then it got so easy. Ben, Kid, AAHZ went right in. I think MWHC for some offensive thing he posted. And then when Serb came back, he got shuffled in as well. Now I think of my ignore list as a big white van where the horrible children of this forum get lured into by some sort of poisonous candy... and I feel better.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Who else will take the pledge and confess in the circle of trust?

I'm getting strength from every contribution. Maybe I too can be strong and resist.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          I added Serb last week. I was all like, I don't use the ignore list... but then it got so easy. Ben, Kid, AAHZ went right in. I think MWHC for some offensive thing he posted. And then when Serb came back, he got shuffled in as well. Now I think of my ignore list as a big white van where the horrible children of this forum get lured into by some sort of poisonous candy... and I feel better.
                          MWHC?

Comment

My WIfe Hates Civ. Or are you wondering how he got on his list.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well done RAH. The first step is admitting Ben has a problem.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X