No announcement yet.

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am with you brother rah. for too long i have been tempted and drawn in by ben's ridiculous stances and easily refuted arguments; it is so easy to get into and so hard to stop. i have even gone so far as to make a thread for the specific purpose of trolling ben. i applaud you for taking this bold stand and hope that together we can gain the strength to resist his lure. let us march onward brother; we shall overcome.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

HI C0ckney

I'll need to come up with some 6 month and one year coins to celebrate accomplishments.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Think of it this way: you have a finite number of hours in your life. When you argue with BK, you are expending a non-renewable resource. Such an expense may be worth it if you are having an interesting discussion or spending time with your family or whatever. By choosing to argue with BK, you are essentially using those nonrenewable hours playing one of those "what six things are wrong with this picture?" games for kids. Only instead of a fun picture, it's a morally repugnant argument. And instead of six, it's twelve. And after you point them all out, the picture erases the offending bits and puts in something else slightly different but still wrong in the exact same place. Then implies that you are a bad person for playing the game. It's probably more rewarding in the long run to just play Minesweeper or Candy Crush or something.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

HI ELOK

Yes, that provides me strength
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hi RAH

Hi, I'm Jon and I have just ignored someone (BK) for the first time in my life.

If I can do, you can too.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

HI JON

Thank you.
              It's so much easier when you share a burden.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                I don't think I've responded to Ben in months. You are right that even with the "ignore" the temptation is there - esp when there are like 5 posts in a row by him and others are responding.
                I guess compared to some others here then, I have strong self-control.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I added Serb last week. I was all like, I don't use the ignore list... but then it got so easy. Ben, Kid, AAHZ went right in. I think MWHC for some offensive thing he posted. And then when Serb came back, he got shuffled in as well. Now I think of my ignore list as a big white van where the horrible children of this forum get lured into by some sort of poisonous candy... and I feel better.
                  I wonder how close I've been to having Imran shove me into that white van.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

HI MrFun

Take a piece of candy from the nice man
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      I wonder how close I've been to having Imran shove me into that white van.
                      Oh, you have no idea...
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        HI JON

Thank you.
                        It's so much easier when you share a burden.
                        Just one day at a time rah, just one more day.
                        To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

HI jsorense

I will admit it's much easier when he's not here
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

I added Serb last week. I was all like, I don't use the ignore list... but then it got so easy. Ben, Kid, AAHZ went right in. I think MWHC for some offensive thing he posted. And then when Serb came back, he got shuffled in as well. Now I think of my ignore list as a big white van where the horrible children of this forum get lured into by some sort of poisonous candy... and I feel better.
                              It sounds like you're addicted to your ignore list.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Hi rah.

Be strong. We are with you.
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X