Open world RPG with multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open world RPG with multiplayer

I am looking for a game to play with my brother. Ideally it will be something like Skyrim for two. Could be an FPS game with a campaign wich is playable in MP (one of the Modern Warfare games had such a mode. We captured the Reichstag together. )

Maybe Far Cry 4 is what I am looking for. Are there any issues with MP mode there?

Please give some suggestions.
    Quendelie axan!

I'd recommend getting the Witcher 3 and just disowning your brother.

Comment

Witcher 3 is said to actually have co-op.

Comment

If you don´t mind to try F2P-MMORPGs, you might also think about Lord of the Rings -Online.

Even the free content has a huge number of quests to do (and a huge land where you can seamless travel between regions) ... and for 35.99 € (= $?) you can get all higher level expansions (Moria, Mirkwood, Isengard, Rohan) in one pack
        Join the world’s greatest fellowship of players in the award-winning online re-creation of J. R. R. Tolkien’s legendary Middle-earth.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

The multiplayer in LOTRO was different. I don't know how it is now, I haven't played in at least 7 years. The creeps (Orcs, Wargs) have a separate advancement system and were stuck in one zone, while the freeps (Humans, Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves) had most of the world and stuff to do, and could come in and fight when they want to.

When I played it was asymmetric, with creeps at a disadvantage in most 1v1 matchups or even group settings.

The PvP between freeps or between creeps was pointless (no stats, no kills) time limited 1v1s with no interference.

Comment

I have messed up the thread title and OP.

What I am actually looking for is either an FPS with some sort of campaign/story or a game like Skyrim which has coop multiplayer mode.

I don't like MMORPGs. (although I say this withought ever trying any of them )

Call of Duty: World at War had such a mode. Far Cry 4 seems to have something similar but seems to be very limited from what I see.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              The multiplayer in LOTRO was different. I don't know how it is now, I haven't played in at least 7 years. The creeps (Orcs, Wargs) have a separate advancement system and were stuck in one zone, while the freeps (Humans, Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves) had most of the world and stuff to do, and could come in and fight when they want to.

When I played it was asymmetric, with creeps at a disadvantage in most 1v1 matchups or even group settings.

The PvP between freeps or between creeps was pointless (no stats, no kills) time limited 1v1s with no interference.
              Oh yes, PvP/Creeps still is only in the Ettenmoors.
              Although from my experience (always playing Creeps when doing PvP) I can say that Creeps in my experience have a much better chance ... I have taken part in many successful defenses and counterattacks by the creeps ... at least on those servers where I played so far, but those are limited to 2 german servers ... may be the Freeps on other servers are better organized
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; June 2, 2015, 06:22.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
              X