Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server is back up, but still some bugs to be worked out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're password reset system is broken. It's obviously an eggaphant.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Damn it Aeson! Get your **** together! I was mildly inconvenienced by this.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        Seems like I found a bug ... do I get a cookie now?

I tried to edit a posting of me:

But the edit textbox was empty (instead of showing me the text of the posting to edit.
        For another, shorter posting (in Bens birthday thread), editing worked fine .. the edit-textbox correctly showed the text of the posting to edit.

So maybe it either has to do with the length of the posting or the length of the thread (as the 2nd case was both, a shorter posting, that was located in a shorter thread)
        Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Elok says he can't log in.
          I see Elok was able to post just recently, so I must have done some awesome sleep-bug-fixing. Perhaps I should go back to sleep to fix the rest of them!

Comment

Was it Elok or was it his clever doppleganger EIok?
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
              Seems like I found a bug ... do I get a cookie now?

I tried to edit a posting of me:

But the edit textbox was empty (instead of showing me the text of the posting to edit.
              For another, shorter posting (in Bens birthday thread), editing worked fine .. the edit-textbox correctly showed the text of the posting to edit.

So maybe it either has to do with the length of the posting or the length of the thread (as the 2nd case was both, a shorter posting, that was located in a shorter thread)
              Ok, editing should be working correctly now. It was the funky single quotes (and other special characters) weren't handled correctly by the editor on vB 4 + latest version of PHP.

Comment

I can confirm it ... text now appears correctly in all edit boxes
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  You're password reset system is broken. It's obviously an eggaphant.
                  Merged this from the other phantom thread. What exactly is the problem with the password reset?

Comment

It doesn't work. See, give me your password, I will log in, change it, and you won't be able to login.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      Merged this from the other phantom thread. What exactly is the problem with the password reset?
                      The random question apparently requires a random answer.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Which question was it?

I got this one: "Twirl around on your chair 47 times ... now in 5 letters tell me, how do you feel?"

Comment

The elephant and the egg one.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I've gone ahead and changed the way the password reset works. Those questions were to stop bots from registering.

"If an elephant were an egg, what would the elephant be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              "If an elephant were an egg, what would the elephant be?"
                              A really fvcking big egg.
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X