Congrats HC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats HC. Well done.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Hey guys, just got back to Virginia. It's nice to be home. Thanks everyone! And to answer DaShi's question, they were abysmal. Well, the keynote speaker was okay (Alan Alda, which is a weird choice since he's not even the best actor to play Hawkeye Pierce), but all the other speakers were ****ing horrible. The speaker at the diploma ceremony for my department (Statistics)* was good, though. (Head of the department gave that speech.)

*I graduated with a double major in Statistics and Computer Science, however for administrative purposes one of them has to be your "primary" and mine was stats, so that's the diploma ceremony I went to.

Okay. I have to get back to unpacking now. But it's pretty cool to be able to say that I am a college graduate
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Double major? Overachiever

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          How banal was the graduation speech? What I've seen of this year's, there wasn't a single original approach among them.
          They are always the same. Each and every one starts off "Graduation speeches are cliche. You get a lot of useless vague advice. But I'm going to give you DIFFERENT useless vague advice, and that makes me insightful!" *goes on to give same useless vague advice as everyone else*

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Damit. Is that working? I am without a PC for now
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, you accidentally hit enter

Comment

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I read the speech W gave at SMU. I thought it was pretty good. Say what you will about him but he's got a sense of humor.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Congrats HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        I read the speech W gave at SMU. I thought it was pretty good. Say what you will about him but he's got a sense of humor.
                        Say what you will about Hitler, at least he killed Hitler.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Well done HC

Comment

Working...
                          X