Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London restaurant recommendations

To the London savvy Poly people :-)

My company is planning an outing to London in the beginning of June. We're going to be the the Infosec Europe convention at the Olympia and we're in search of a nice place to have lunch on June 4th.

We're not on budget but we're not looking for Michelin class food either.

So can anyone recommend any place in the Olympia, Shepherd's Bush, Hammersmith area where they serve a decent lunch?

/Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Try Down Syndrome Abbey. I hear the tarts are quite special
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Long time, no see, man.

Sadly, it is 9pm in Little England so you might have to wait until the morning before our British posters clock in. Have fun on your trip though.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean View Post
        We're not on budget but we're not looking for Michelin class food either.
        No need to set your sights so low; I'm told most any British restaurant, however modest, can take a hunk of beef and cook it until it resembles a Michelin product.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Is Indian food ok?
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
            Is Indian food ok?
            Indian doesn't sound bad at all :-) Got any particular place in mind?

@Dinner - Yes I've become rather sporadic in my visits to Poly :-) The effects of growing older, having kids and a career to look after, I'm afraid.

But it still feels sort of like coming home :-)
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Think of us as your dysfunctional other family...
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

who has absolutely no idea about london restaurants :/

Comment

My stay in London was mostly consistent of museums and pubs.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I think I went to a wax musem there (or I'm confusing it with copenhagen I don't know)

Comment

There are a few good McDonald's in London, but avoid the ones that suck
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Madame Tussaud's?
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

yeah must have been. it was aweful because it had a cellar with tortures and stuff and they made it super realistic like you'd step on the floor and activate yelling and screaming noises. I said **** that, I didn't come here to get my blood cold and left

Comment

Weak-blooded
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

There is a place really near called Karma. A bit further away in the other direction is Indian Express. If you are willing to go up to Kensington, there is a place called W8 that is really good, but pretty expensive. My favorite place is Hibiscus, but that is really far away (and really expensive).
                              Last edited by pchang; May 21, 2015, 12:26.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X