Mad Max Fury Road (Warning Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Max Fury Road (Warning Spoilers)

Have you seen it yet? This is the first movie I ever watched on Regal Cinema's RPX system (I guess it's like knock off IMAX), which was also the most I've ever paid for a movie. It was awesome! Definitely worth the 30 year wait. It was 2 hours of action. The plot was simple, but it was all that was needed for the movie, no more no less. The action was INSANE!!! I got a kick of adrenaline watching it. I love the practical effects, the stunts, the overall design of the movie and the cinematography. Charlize Theron was great in it. I think I liked her character more than Max. Tom Hardy looked the part, and he was good in it, but I think Mel Gibson (at least in the Road Warrior) was a better Max, just because the character seemed more clever than the newest incarnation.

Also I know there is another thread that mentions Mad Max in it, but it is mostly a men's rights discussion. Leave the politics at the door and lets discuss one of the greatest action films ever!

I refuse to read the OP, but I've been excited about this movie for weeks... I'll see it Monday or Tuesday.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I am hella surprised that this is getting good reviews. My only reaction to the news that they were making a new Mad Max was eye rolling.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Not reading OP. May rent the movie
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The plot was simple? Well that's just unacceptable. They have a brand and a legacy to live up to; when I think "Mad Max," I think complex character interactions, intricately layered subplots, and deep backstory. Who among us didn't tear up a little when he first witnessed the unbreakable bond between Humungus and his army of gay leather biker freaks?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I don't think I've actually seen the originals from start to finish.

just never appealed to me

and mel gibson is a fuckwit, so I probably won't ever see them
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

He made the originals before he fully embraced his ****witness.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

publicly, at least
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Lots of actors have ****ing retarded opinions. Mel Gibson may be an anti-semitic homophobic ******* but The Patriot still owns.

Comment

You're going to pick out The Patriot as Mel Gibson's redeeming feature?

Comment

No, it's just the scene with the tomahawk is fresh in my mind.

Comment

It's been so long since I saw that movie that I don't have any recollection of a tomahawk scene. But seriously, Lethal Weapon is where it's at.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          The Patriot still owns.
                          not that it is a bad movie

but lolwat?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            I am hella surprised that this is getting good reviews. My only reaction to the news that they were making a new Mad Max was eye rolling.
                            This.
                            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                              This.
                              Have you seen the movie?

What about you Lorizael?
                              Last edited by korn469; May 16, 2015, 21:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X