Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you believed God was telling you to kill your family, would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean that becoming a judge is actually the least Christian of professions?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
      Judge not, that ye be not judged.
      What Jesus was saying is not to "Lord over" people as the Pharisees do. He also said make a correct judgement. So I did.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        I'd start a final fantasy esque war against the heavens. I'll pull together a team of poorly dressed teenagers, we'll develop magical powers, and fight a global conspiracy that involves corporations and some vague analogue of the Catholic Church, bandits and random wildlife along the way while learning about the power of friendship and teamwork and discovering the real people deep within ourselves.
        What if God orders you to kill some of your more annoying teammates? Which would you snuff first, Sincere Good Girl or Wacky Fun Girl? I assume you would be the know-it-all kid who sits in the back casting spells. Partly because of personality and partly because it's just more sensible.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

More sensible? After the first half-hour, resurrecting dead characters becomes trivial (if not automatic as long as the party survives the fight), so actual risk is pretty much irrelevant.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            What if God orders you to kill some of your more annoying teammates? Which would you snuff first, Sincere Good Girl or Wacky Fun Girl? I assume you would be the know-it-all kid who sits in the back casting spells. Partly because of personality and partly because it's just more sensible.
            You don't understand, it can't work like that. The Power of Friendship would be broken. The only way to kill a teammate is if that teammate decides to make a Noble Sacrifice. Then his or her spirit will live on in the rest of us, providing some negligible boost in stats for the remainder of our crusade, or possibly rescuing us from an apparently hopeless situation about three-quarters of the way through.

The other possibility is that said teammate was working for the bad guys and betrays us halfway through our journey, but comes back just in time to make up for his mistake by sacrificing himself immediately before the final challenge. Unfortunately this teammate is required to be both the coolest one and the one with the best stats.

Also, the most annoying character must inexplicably be the one that everyone acts as though they like the most.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

No. Why would a deity of sufficient power worth worshipping need me to enact some design.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Oh yes - I would.

I told my family this and so whenever they annoy me I just fake an incoming message from God and everyone goes real quiet and does what I want.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  No. Why would a deity of sufficient power worth worshipping need me to enact some design.
                  Read the Bible
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                    Oh yes - I would.

I told my family this and so whenever they annoy me I just fake an incoming message from God and everyone goes real quiet and does what I want.
                    We will miss you... when god talks to your sons about sacrificing you.

Wasn't that the Zamora brothers defence?

And what about the local natives? Do they still allow human sacrifice?
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I voted "No" but there is no way for me to know what will I actually do. I hope this is what I will do.
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

I would be very happy to discover that God existed and then said no and eat a banana.

Comment

If god told you to change your name BacK to Paiktis, would you?
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                              More sensible? After the first half-hour, resurrecting dead characters becomes trivial (if not automatic as long as the party survives the fight), so actual risk is pretty much irrelevant.
                              Not if your death is significant somehow--then it's permanent. And the snotty mage-kid never snuffs it that way AFAIK. Usually it's the female lead who kacks it, so HC might want to game the system by showing attraction to whichever girl he likes least, setting up his real favorite as Condolence Girl*. Sort of the reverse of this thread's scenario--he'd be effectively ordering God to kill his friend.

*This is commonly known as the Cloud Strife Gambit.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok is a nerd.
                                Order of the Fly
                                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X