Chow mein, now with more "chow"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chow mein, now with more "chow"!

And by chow I mean the breed of dog known as chow.

I guess those prices really were to low to be true. The old sayings hold true beware of what is in the all you can eat Chinese buffet.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

A horrified customer called in the police after witnessing kitchen staff in the Mexican border town butchering a dog, later intended to be served up masquerading as pork in the next chow mein.

A more descriptive article from the Daily Mail. Apparently a customer made a wrong turn looking for the bathroom and accidently stumbled upon the kitchen where the workers were chopping up a stay dog which they served in the restaurant as pork.

Comment

Claiming dog is pork is false advertising. Shame on them for false advertising.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What did it taste like?
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Chicken.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              And by chow I mean the breed of dog known as chow.
              Thanks for that. It enhances the joke no end
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

So, when you said CFA chicken was crap and you can get cheaper and better fast-food options in the San Diego area . . .

(real lesson: go only to food trucks run by the filthy Muslims Dinner hates; they consider dogs and pigs unclean, and would never dream of butchering the former to sell it as the latter)
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Where do you get the idea it is only food trucks. I was thinking any of a dozen different types of ethnic food. I particularly like various Asian cuisines but there are many others and at most of them you can get a meal for fast food money but it will be fresher, better tasting, and made to order.

But, no, I was not including Chinese restaurants in Mexico which serve dog meat as pork.

Comment

god I love one-starring Oerdin-Thrades™. It just makes me feel so good, you know?
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      So, when you said CFA chicken was crap and you can get cheaper and better fast-food options in the San Diego area . . .
                      You know, that was my first thought: All the times Oerdin has boasted about how cheaply he can get his food...

Dude, you do get what you pay for, how else do you think that these places can afford to stay open unless they're selling substandard food!?

(real lesson: go only to food trucks run by the filthy Muslims Dinner hates; they consider dogs and pigs unclean, and would never dream of butchering the former to sell it as the latter)
                      And we all know how much Oerdin likes his pork...

San Diego sounds real classy!
                      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        Where do you get the idea it is only food trucks. I was thinking any of a dozen different types of ethnic food. I particularly like various Asian cuisines but there are many others and at most of them you can get a meal for fast food money but it will be fresher, better tasting, and made to order.

But, no, I was not including Chinese restaurants in Mexico which serve dog meat as pork.
                        Have you actually looked in the kitchen at your favorite cheap eats places? Most fast-food places do have the advantage of centralized control of what goes in the food. My wife has been served dog, on a trip to Vietnam, and assures me that "con cho" actually has a pleasantly sweet flavor. So yes, it will not only be fresher, but possibly also better tasting. Not sure about made to order.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Mobius, most of the immigrant run cheap eat places are run by one extended family and they don't exactly follow the regular employment laws. All the kids and extended family work there but the head of the family (usually a grandparent or eldest brother) controls all of the money and the others work "for the family" under the table. This is extremely common.

Comment

Also, this occurred in Mexico, Mobius, not in the US.

Comment

Just look at Bob's Burgers. He's definitely violating some underage employment laws.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X