Let's do a time warp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    It's usually presented as the former scenario. But if you think about it too hard, that gets into tricky questions about how you could have the body (and brain) you had then but be the "person" you are now.
    The hell of it is, it would be essentially impossible for me to deliberately recreate the precise series of events leading to the conceptions of my two kids. I might get any number of different kids, but by doing this I'd be essentially "killing" both of my sons, and possibly my brother's two youngest kids as well. Probably I'd wind up going insane as a result. I think somebody already mentioned this difficulty on the first page.

Now, I could probably do some real good. For example, right after the first Beltway sniper shooting I could anonymously phone in the name John Allen Muhammad and probably save something like twenty lives. I could tell my brother- and sister-in-law STAY OUT OF THE DAMN LAKE and save their lives. But every action I took would have me wondering if I was somehow sabotaging my kids' conceptions or something. So, yeah. Insanity.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

On April 2, 2000, I was in Nashville, Tennessee finishing up first grade. (Feel old, ****ers. ) I can't really think of anything I'd change. I'm extremely happy with my accomplishments and where I've ended up. Sure, I've made mistakes, but none that have really mattered.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

You still virgin ?
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Nah, he probably paid someone.

You'd have to when your best hope rests on a chat up line like: "Would you like to see my twin ensuites?"
          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Working...
          X