Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ain't no party like a DEA party!

US drug agents 'went to sex parties funded by cartels' - report

US drug enforcement agents attended sex parties funded by drug cartels, a new report has alleged.

Released on Thursday, the federal report details a number of cases of inappropriate behaviour at the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and other federal law enforcement agencies.

It found that some allegations were not fully investigated or went unreported.

The report also highlighted communication lapses and potential security breaches at the agencies.

One section of the report details that DEA agents attended sex parties with prostitutes in a foreign county.

The report did not disclose where the parties took place, but a federal law enforcement official told the Associated Press the parties occurred in Colombia.

According to the report, the parties were held at government-leased quarters where agents' phones and laptops were present.

But DEA investigators at the time did not report the allegations because they "did not believe that the special agents' conduct rose to the level of a security risk requiring a referral".
    Other allegations

Several agents were also provided with money, expensive gifts and weapons, the report said.

The seven agents who admitted to attending the sex parties were given suspensions ranging from two to 10 days. One was cleared of wrongdoing.

One DEA official told investigators: "Prostitution is considered part of the local culture and is tolerated in certain areas called 'tolerance zones'."

The investigation was spurred by Congress after reports surfaced in 2012 that Secret Service agents had hired prostitutes while protecting the president during a summit in Colombia.

Other allegations included unwanted advances, sex between training instructors and students, and relationships between a supervisor and subordinate.

The federal agencies investigated from 2009 to 2012 include the FBI, DEA, U.S. Marshals Service and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32079502

Suspensions ranging from two to ten days. How could they be treated so harshly by their horrible employers?

Why do you think they call it "going under cover"?
    To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32079502

Suspensions ranging from two to ten days. How could they be treated so harshly by their horrible employers?
      \

And I'm sure they were suspended with pay.

If an agent was undercover some of this could be legit, but for some reason, i'm thinking NAW.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think it is more accurate to say that Colombian drug cartel parties are the ones you want to attend. DEA just managed to get an invite.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

It just makes me think of this...
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

whats the problem, the DEA's goal is to confiscate drug money and helping the local economy is a plus. They should get awards

Comment

The agents inadvertently partying with cartel-funded hookers is at least an improvement over them knowing the hookers were cartel-funded.

Wow.

Comment

Working...
              X