Bigot complains about transgendered person, gets gym membership revoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    The point that you are missing is that women want their own looker room. There are other things to call people bigots for but you think this is a big deal. Why?
    Actually, in case of the Pre-OP (?) Transgendered person in the Planet-Fitness case it seems like none of the other women seemed to have a problem with his presence in the womens locker room.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. I find most people can't be bothered to do much of anything unless something really, really pissed them off. Even if something bothers them they won't get off their butt and instead will just mutter under their breath and go back to their daily business. Apathy seems to be a defining American characteristic.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
        Maybe, maybe not. I find most people can't be bothered to do much of anything unless something really, really pissed them off.
        You've never had to work a job that dealt with serving people, have you?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          Actually, in case of the Pre-OP (?) Transgendered person in the Planet-Fitness case it seems like none of the other women seemed to have a problem with his presence in the womens locker room.
          We'll have to see.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Try reading post #65. No, really.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I don't bother rereading posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                I don't bother reading posts.

FTFY.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I tend to think he is more unable than unwilling. Or unwilling because unable.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

HC is a bad Jew; always talking about Jesus Christ. Seriously, maybe you guys an identify with having a high pressure Jewish mother ("You'd better make sure people respect you as the son of god") but I suspect it is incompatible with certain teachings of Judaism. Just saying.

Comment

• HC is just a bad person... Jew, Christian, or otherwise
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• i don't think HC is religious at all.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• No wonder he can't grow a beard and is doomed to walk the earth with a baby face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            HC is a bad Jew; always talking about Jesus Christ. Seriously, maybe you guys an identify with having a high pressure Jewish mother ("You'd better make sure people respect you as the son of god") but I suspect it is incompatible with certain teachings of Judaism. Just saying.
                            I don't think he can identify with that because his father is Jewish and his mother is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              You've never had to work a job that dealt with serving people, have you?
                              I worked as a cashier at Kmart when I was 16. I also worked as a waiter and pizza delivery driver when I was 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                I worked as a cashier at Kmart when I was 16. I also worked as a waiter and pizza delivery driver when I was 20.
                                K. Maybe you forgot about the experience? Serving people sucks. Most everyone is an asshole who complains about petty shit and expects everything for free. At least, that was my experience.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X