No announcement yet.

meanwhile, in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! With sufficient signage, anything is legal!
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Not saying anything about what suposedly goes on. More needs to be looked at, and it would be despicable if what is claimed is true; so I only comment on stuff that further info is not needed. This is NOT a Black Ops facility. Saying so is attempting to dramatize things to sell more papers (or get more clicks).

"Chicago Police facility possibly using questionable tactics" vs "City runs secret Black Ops site"

One is a statement questioning police tactics, the other is an unsubstantiated inflammatory statement implying absolute truth geared toward inciting rage and distrust.

If you've paid any attention to what I post its to wait for more info before jumping the the conclusions the media uses to get a click.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

So people being detained and their rights violated doesn't deserve rage and mistrust towards the perpetrators. OK.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
          Not saying anything about what suposedly goes on. More needs to be looked at, and it would be despicable if what is claimed is true; so I only comment on stuff that further info is not needed. This is NOT a Black Ops facility. Saying so is attempting to dramatize things to sell more papers (or get more clicks).

"Chicago Police facility possibly using questionable tactics" vs "City runs secret Black Ops site"

One is a statement questioning police tactics, the other is an unsubstantiated inflammatory statement implying absolute truth geared toward inciting rage and distrust.

If you've paid any attention to what I post its to wait for more info before jumping the the conclusions the media uses to get a click.
          The term "black site" is clearly a quote attributed to the lawyers of the victims. Don't know why you are laying blame on "the media" for that.

Clickbait headlines exist. This is nothing new.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, I see now that someone other than the media first used the term, but using it as a headline piece is still inflammatory. And just because 'Clickbait headlines exist. This is nothing new.' doesn't mean its right.
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              So people being detained and their rights violated doesn't deserve rage and mistrust towards the perpetrators. OK.
              That isn't what he said...
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                That isn't what he said...
                He mentioned that the 'black ops' headline is unsubstantiated and geared at provoking rage and mistrust...
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I did, and it is. I did not say that alleged violations, should they prove to be true, do not deserve rage and mistrust.

Comment

Yeah, I see now that someone other than the media first used the term, but using it as a headline piece is still inflammatory. And just because 'Clickbait headlines exist. This is nothing new.' doesn't mean its right.
                    I don't disagree. Just trying to alleviate some of the consternation you seem to be experiencing.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I did, and it is. I did not say that alleged violations, should they prove to be true, do not deserve rage and mistrust.

Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        Police with rifles (oh teh noes!) is not the same. Nor is it new. Bonnie and Clyde were taken down in a shoot-on-sight ambush with BARs (something that would rarely or never happen today). "Military-style gear" is a matter of style, not substance.

On the other hand, tuning people up in a "black site" for lack of a better term is a matter of substance.

Connecting this with police having milsurp armored cars is retarded. Having armored cars doesn't have any impact on their ability to torture/interrogate suspects.

Also the fact that the armored cars look like something out of Iraq/Afghanistan says more about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan than it does about the police.
                        Dude I've seen troops shake out, I've been part of the packet.

Cross fertilisation is to be expected. Whether it's appropriate in the homeland is the question
                        Last edited by Alexander's Horse; February 25, 2015, 18:59.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I thought it said 1700 pieces of surplus equipment.
                          1700 surplus vehicles would take one heck of a lot of space to store.
                          That would be really hard to keep secret.
                          I thought the idea was that this was a secret interrogation facility hidden away inside a much bigger police facility.

Comment

move along, nothing to see here

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              Police with rifles (oh teh noes!) is not the same. Nor is it new. Bonnie and Clyde were taken down in a shoot-on-sight ambush with BARs (something that would rarely or never happen today). "Military-style gear" is a matter of style, not substance.

On the other hand, tuning people up in a "black site" for lack of a better term is a matter of substance.

Connecting this with police having milsurp armored cars is retarded. Having armored cars doesn't have any impact on their ability to torture/interrogate suspects.

Also the fact that the armored cars look like something out of Iraq/Afghanistan says more about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan than it does about the police.
                              When your police force is packing automatic weapons, body armour and armoured vehicles, yes you have a problem. Unless you live in a warzone, why the hell would law enforcement officers need that crap unless you have terrible problems in your society?

Comment

While in general I'd agree with that, but when gangs or terrorists have automatic weapons, then I have no problem with the law enforcement officers having them also.
                                They're certainly not needed in rural areas but in major urban areas where gangs are an issue, they can be.
                                And if your population has guns, not having body armor is just silly.
                                Just because I wish there were fewer guns in the US, doesn't mean it's going to happen in my lifetime.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X