• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everything is about you.

Spoiler:
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I know not everything is about me. 30 years of marriage will teach you that. Actually you learn that in the first 30 days.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you're slow.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

yep. But i was young and stubborn.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey, at least we'll always have the last words in an argument.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Only after they've left the room.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No, no, to their faces.

"Yes dear."
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yes, Famous last words in an argument.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't put up with bull**** like that... which is also probably why I've not had a relationship longer than six months.

But when I think about all the stupid ass arguments I've avoided having... no regrets.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Actually the trick is to only win those arguments that are actually important. Concede all those that aren't and you'll end up winning most of the important ones.
                      So what you call stupid ass arguments, I call saving up for the important wins.
                      Relationships are about compromise, but there's that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to stack the deck whenever possible.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Actually the trick is to only win those arguments that are actually important. Concede all those that aren't and you'll end up winning most of the important ones.
                        So what you call stupid ass arguments, I call saving up for the important wins.
                        Relationships are about compromise, but there's that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to stack the deck whenever possible.
                        I don't see it as an issue of compromise as most arguments don't involve making decisions, adjusting behaviors, or even working through clashes involving strong opinions. In my experience, it's just been about listening to some nutcase go on a tirade. No thanks.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The price of not being alone. And I don't consider every discussion or disagreement as my nutcase wife going on a tirade.
                          If I considered it that, I wouldn't have married her or stayed married to her.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            The price of not being alone. And I don't consider every discussion or disagreement as my nutcase wife going on a tirade.
                            If I considered it that, I wouldn't have married her or stayed married to her.
                            this
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I should state that I suspect most of the women I've dated are nutcases... which could explain things.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I dated quite a few before I started dating my wife.
                                REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL nutcases. In fact, I had one of them committed.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X