Absolutely all of UK now convinced Fox News is barking mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    We do work for their American Branch from their New York Office.
    It still counts as an American News Provider similar to AP.
    So if there's a UK office of Coca Cola in the UK we can call Coca Cola a British company?

Comment

I guess I have to give you that one. How about AP?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yep, they're yours. Aren't Reuters and AP news distributers rather than the kind of actual news provider we were originally talking about though?

Incidentally the BBC are FAR from perfect, but they're a damn sight better than I've seen from CNN or FOX or ABC or the rest.

Comment

Are you saying they don't report FACTS? (we'll leave FOX out of this part of the discussion)
          Or is it their OP that you don't respect?
          They don't report news. I can find better with the right twitter list (which does have those mixed in just for variety). When crap goes down though, and they're not reporting on it, something is wrong. Clearly their editors all have agendas and are servicing those agendas.
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Every editor has an agenda. Don't be naïve.
            If you don't find something you just have to look. Someone is reporting it.
            Please list 10 important world news items that weren't reported in the US. Have fun.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Aren't Reuters and AP news distributers rather than the kind of actual news provider we were originally talking about though?
              Really splitting hairs here. Go to their website and tell me they're not reporting the news.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The BBC is not great - very generic like all the rest, lots of repetition and irritatingly smug, resting on their laurels - probably peaked around WW2

The mainstream Arab networks like Al Jazzeera and Al Arabyia are surprisingly good if you like world news, but also the other side of the story - I'm not surprised - Australia's ethnic broadcaster SBS has the best news service.

Some of the sports and comedy channels have excellent general news in my book, go figure
                Last edited by Alexander's Horse; January 20, 2015, 21:43.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Every editor has an agenda. Don't be naïve.
                  If you don't find something you just have to look. Someone is reporting it.
                  Please list 10 important world news items that weren't reported in the US. Have fun.
                  What is important? Clearly it is important only if it is reported in the US, right?

three current news that are not exactly prominent on the US news channels:

* violent protests in DRC - Kinshasa
                  * Chilcot enquiry further delay which examines UK and US involvement in Iraq
                  * Guantanamo Prisoner Diary: 'We're Gonna Teach You About Great American Sex'

Mauritanian national Mohamedou Ould Slahi has been held at Guantanamo for 12 years now without trial and despite a dearth of evidence. A diary he kept of his torture is now being published around the world. SPIEGEL presents some excerpts.

In the US the last one is not in news, but under "book review" sections (if it appears at all)

Easy picks, just today.

Are those important?
                  Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                  GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I'm not saying they're not. And I bet within a week I'll be seeing them on US news sites.

I'm not saying that US news coverage is great. But those that are saying that they all suck and their's are great is just as hilarious.

And the last one I read in the Chicago Tribune yesterday
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The US has some great news sites - but not the vanilla ones, like everywhere else
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

And not that I have a few minutes to check the other that you posted.
                        Your link on the violent protests was a ALL africa site by the UN, not the BBC.
                        And the link said 17 hours ago. On a search you see the same article from the WSJ 19 hours before.

You are so full of crap.
                        Maybe you should be looking at US sites to get your news earlier than where you're finding it.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah's very patriotic when it comes to US news sources
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not really. The broadcast news is designed to capture audience share so in the limited time they have they choose what they think will attract THEIR audience. There are many other news sources that have a fuller picture. You can choose at what level of detail you want. I read the paper almost every day so I'm not limited to the 20 second blurbs. Each method has it's strengths and weaknesses. ANY new source is influenced by it's editors and to think otherwise is naive. But the arrogance of those that say US news services suck in general and theirs are GREAT are just as bad as our Russian posters here that proclaim how great their news services are.
                            Yes anywhere you look you can find some that suck. Fox for one but probably no different then the tabloids over there. There is a demand for all types of news and it will always be satisfied.

I will say that the demand for great news coverage in the US is probably less due to the high amount of idiots involved but there is a demand for better and if you look for it you can easily find it.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

on a personal note, i've found UK news sources, in general, to be more tabloid style than anything else

aside from maybe bbc and guardian
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've always had High respect for the BBC but not as much for the guardian.

And yes, it always seems that the tabloid style seems more popular there than here and that's saying a lot.
                                But it's probably just a perception and not a reality. (after every trip to a supermarket check out lane here)
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X