No announcement yet.

I have cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents cat got eaten last month. He was the friendliest cat ever and people would always comment on how he acted like a dog. He'd run up to people to say hello even strangers he had never seen before, he'd play with all the dogs on the block and run around following them at the local dog park, he was also pretty vocal and affectionate with people. Sadly, when the coyote got him the poor bastard probably ran right up to the coyote thinking it was just another friendly dog to play with.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

sorry to hear that
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Can someone knowledgeable answer my question about whether you can give dog medicines to cats??? An idea about dosage would help too!

I want to put some flea and worm medicine in their food but don't want to harm the cat or kittens.

I know for example you can't put flea collars or drops on rabbits. It will kill them.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

If the cat dies then you know you did it wrong. Or, you know, you could just take the cat to the vet and skip the whole risking it dying thing.

Comment

I'm on a remote Pacific island Dinner - no vet here.

But I just read it's a bad idea so I'll have to get some cat medicine sent up from Australia.

Comment

those cats look like they're 4-8 lbs which is a standard pill from Drontal ( a decent general dewormer)

I tried the liquid (goes on the back of the neck) but it irritated our cat with allergies so I pill him

tapeworms look like white rice and they exit the anus and dry out and die, just lift the tail and check where they sleep

not sure about the weights, the cats we need to deworm are 12-15 lbs and require 1 1/2 pills

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                tapeworms look like white rice and they exit the anus and dry out and die, just lift the tail and check where they sleep
                You want him to check where the worms sleep? They sleep inside the colon, that's going to take a lot more than just lifting the tail, he's going to need a feline-sized colonoscope.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Dog pills?

BUT WE HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS!!!
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

roflmao Sava - I remember that ep

Berz, many thanks

Comment

An update on the cats.

Julie is doing well but starting to back off the kittens, she hisses at them sometimes when they rub against her. I saw her out hunting mice in the garden today. She picked a very good ambush point, on one of their movement lines. I was impressed. Kudos girl.

Romulus (the ginger) was biting my toe tonight. Has big paws so probably male. Nuff said. They all rub against me so I probably have fleas and ring worms...

Remus (the black) is the most friendly. Not as strong as Romulus but a lot more likeable for mine. Needs a good worming, has diarrhea. One of my sons is sending up the needful medicine, from the Cat Protection Society, since we know nothing about cats. I had to move the black doormat because I kept accidentally stepping on Remus...she doesn't complain. I worry about her.

A photo of what greets me every morning until I bring the milk out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	julie romulus and remus (640x360).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	9101486
                      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; February 10, 2015, 05:50.

Comment

You have to socialize them when they are young if you want them to be very friendly as adults. This means lots of daily contact with them, petting them and playing with them when ever possible, letting them sleep on you or next to you, if you want them to really love you then be the one to feed them, don't be afraid to discourage negative behaviors like clawing things or biting using a spray bottle filled with water.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                          You have to socialize them when they are young if you want them to be very friendly as adults. This means lots of daily contact with them, petting them and playing with them when ever possible, letting them sleep on you or next to you, if you want them to really love you then be the one to feed them, don't be afraid to discourage negative behaviors like clawing things or biting using a spray bottle filled with water.
                          QFT

also, AH
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            don't be afraid to discourage negative behaviors like clawing things or biting using a spray bottle filled with water.
                            The spray bottle worked really well thanks Dinner

Both the Kittens looked suitably chastened and went and sat on the doormat after biting my toe and getting a little spray of water. It was kind of funny and sad at the same time, they looked quite upset

Comment

Working...
                            X