Does size really matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does size really matter?

In a year from now up to 90% of internet access will be done through smartphones. My question to those that have experience with size of the screen is; is a screen of say 4 inches significantly better than a smaller one say 3 inches so as to justify spending around €100 to get it? or is there really not that difference and it's still a pain in the ear rear. Thank you
    Last edited by Bereta_Eder; January 5, 2015, 13:25.

The larger screens are easier to use. Especially when it comes to typing on the keyboard with arthritic fingers or viewing with failing eyesight. (yes getting old sucks)
    But it is more annoying to carry around in your pocket.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My ex was quite vocal about it mattering.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        My ex was quite vocal about it mattering.
        Did she have arthritic fingers?
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Paiktis used to Be an exPert on this issue... too Bad he is not here.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

My standard requirement is: does it fit comfortably in my pocket?

So yes, small is beautiful and it's not what you've got, but how you use it that's important

Also, if you go android, then you get swype and you don't need to worry about pressing buttons on a keyboard
            "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

tryiny.ouT swepe. lt KinWor.F sucKS

Comment

ΜΠΟφ

Comment

lol. Swipe is amazing. Try setting the language right?
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Try doing the words one at a time.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

oye word nt a time.cocKnoldery.it s.a bit easier wnen its full screen.

Comment

bah i dont like it. back to the tiny keyboard

Comment

What the hell is a Bereta Eder anyways? Some kind of Hairy-Greek™ thing?

now PAIKTIS on the other hand... EveryBody knows what THAT is.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

i think i've lost some serious street cred

Comment

Apparently he also has some Fat Hairy-Greek Fingers™ - he needs a big screen to make the buttons big enough...

That's the beauty of swype, you don't really have to worry about the screen size or size of the buttons.

But I don't understand your results, Paiktis, it should automatically choose the words you swype - autocorrect can be a ***** times though.

Keep at it, though it helps if you can spell properly too...
                              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X