No announcement yet.

Full Reserve Banking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not entirely sure I understand what the fake one is proposing in the OP and clicking the link in that post gives me a 404 not found. I see a newbie explaining econ 101/basic aritmetic and the fake one having issues with it, which leads me to believe the site contained some very weird ****.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• BTW, I use average deposit with the meaning of average balance, which would be the correct term.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• i've already shown that every subsequent deposit is strictly smaller than the one proceeding it. this means that the average deposit must be strictly smaller than the initial deposit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
          I'm not entirely sure I understand what the fake one is proposing in the OP and clicking the link in that post gives me a 404 not found. I see a newbie explaining econ 101/basic aritmetic and the fake one having issues with it, which leads me to believe the site contained some very weird ****.
          I'm not having any issue with the newb, I just don't understand what he's trying to say.

In any case, even if he turned out to be right, the point he's trying to make is not related to the OP, but rather to a sub-discussion with Rah about deposit multiplication.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitokihitoshi View Post
            i've already shown that every subsequent deposit is strictly smaller than the one proceeding it. this means that the average deposit must be strictly smaller than the initial deposit.
            Then we've framed the issue.

My discussion with Rah was about deposit multiplication from an average balance. I misused the term average deposit, taking it to mean "average value of deposited money in Rah's account".

Comment

• define average balance

Originally posted by Fake Boris View Post
              BTW, I use average deposit with the meaning of average balance, which would be the correct term.

Comment

• sum of account balances after every change / number of transactions

Comment

• what does "after every change" mean?

Comment

• after every fluctuation in account balance

Comment

• okay. so, if D = total deposits and N = number of transactions, then you're talking about D/N?

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                        I'm not entirely sure I understand what the fake one is proposing in the OP and clicking the link in that post gives me a 404 not found. I see a newbie explaining econ 101/basic aritmetic and the fake one having issues with it, which leads me to believe the site contained some very weird ****.
                        Let me repeat the idea.

Central bank monetizes debt owned by banks by issuing currency.

At the same time, reserve requirements are increased, which forces banks to hold more money in their reserves, thus cancelling the inflationary effect of monetization.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitokihitoshi View Post
                          okay. so, if D = total deposits and N = number of transactions, then you're talking about D/N?
                          I think so, yes.

Perhaps a better measure would be balance at end of day / divided number of days, it all depends on what you're trying to do with the statement.

Comment

• so, your initial statement was the following: "If your average balance is 2K then they get to earn interest on 15-20K." if L = total loans, then this means D/N = 2K and L/N = 15-20K, yes?

Comment

• Seems about right. Bring it on, where are you trying to trick me?

Comment

• well i've already shown that L/D < 1, which is contradicts your claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X