No announcement yet.

Best and Worst Moments of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got promoted to a more senior role. Yay, money etc.

My pension plan got butchered, and it'll be only worth about 50%-60% what it was on course to be worth when I hit retirement age. Boo, money etc.

Can't really complain, though. The kids stayed healthy and are doing well at school. Mrs V is great. My father is happy and settled in with his girlfriend. The only really bum note is that Mrs V's grandmother has become violent due to vascular dementia. She's 94, and the brutal truth is that she's got absolutely no hope of recovery, respite or hope, and just needs merciful death.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I'm on track to graduate with a double degree in Statistics and Computer Science. I've got a very well-paying job lined up when I graduate and I just found out I got a 171/180 on the LSAT (98th percentile, apparently). I'm shaking recruiters off with a stick ("I already have work"), and annoying as that may be, it beats the reverse by a long mile. My life is going pretty absurdly well. So I'm happy.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The good part was that I got a second kid. The bad part was that I got a second kid.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Congratulations Elok!

FYI Elok the pictures of your kid you post on Facebook periodically are super adorable
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Thank you! Though the wife puts up most of them.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
              Please educate me.
              I got sick of waiting. 1st hit on google suggests otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                It's knocks wood or knocks on wood. Touch wood has a different connotation.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  It's knocks wood or knocks on wood. Touch wood has a different connotation.
                  Ohhh, I think I just got this. Der.

Comment

Working...
                  X