Today will be a great day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today will be a great day

It's a new day and later today I will wake up like any other morning...well rested, but wanting to finish the last part of that interesting dream, and ready to celebrate Christmas.

I can't help but thinking Christmas day is a great metaphor.

I go to church, listen to the sermon and meet friends and wish them a merry Christmas. I eat some cookies and drink a coffee or two.

Then I eat more than I should, together with my family. After having thrown in greasy lamb en masse, I drink some more coffee and cookies.

After the food has barely set, there is plenty of gifts to open. We open one at a time, this takes hours. In between we go around the Christmas tree, sing and drink more coffee.

Around 11-12 in the evening we eat some porridge, and drink some coffee.

Some time later, I go to sleep, well fed and so full of coffee it's a question of how to get sleepy.

It's the most wonderful time of the year, gifts, food, coffee and family.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

I think I've finally shuffled off the last shackles of Christmas this year. The carols are all irritating, the decorations are atrociously tacky, and the sentiment is so phony it could be it's own Lifetime special. The only saving grace of the holiday is its abject devotion to crass materialism, which at least sells some stuff.

Happy Honda Days!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

DaShi, I'll have you know I worship crass materialism, but you already knew that.

Comment

Happy birthday JC.

Comment

Working...
        X