2015 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Herr Schmidt. Also passing yesterday:

New Orleans songwriter Allen Toussaint, 77, heart attack after a concert in Spain. Writer of such hits as "Working in the Coal Mine" and "Lady Marmalade," Tousssaint was a fixture at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. He was arguably more admired by fellow musicians than he was known by the public. Paul McCartney called him a "massive songwriting talent."

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Allen Toussaint, noted New Orleans jazz artist.
      Dead at 77 from a heart attack.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
        It was pretty amazing that the guy was 100 years old and still put on an art show which hundreds attended.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Mickey Rooney.

it's on TMZ or something.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Pretty sure he can't die again.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• RIP to talented rock singer (Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver), drug lover, and habitual recidivist Scott Weiland, 48.

In traditional rock star fashion, he was found dead on his tour bus just before showtime. "No cause of death has been announced," haha.
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Actor Robert Loggia is dead.

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• 'Our Rose', Shirley Stelfox, is dead.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obit...-obituary.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	shirley-stelfox_3521419e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	9102128

...During her career Shirley Stelfox moved effortlessly from television to theatre to films and back again. As well as appearing in all the major soaps, she appeared in numerous popular television dramas, including The Bill, Bergerac, Inspector Morse and the first series of Keeping Up Appearances, in which she played Hyacinth Bucket’s (Patricia Routledge’s) inexhaustibly randy and embarrassing sister Rose....

And Mr. Rumbold, Nicholas Smith, has passed on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ob...-a6765676.html

...A very English comedy player, Nicholas Smith was a busy character actor forever known for just one role, that of the goofy Mr Rumbold, manager of Grace Brothers' menswear and ladieswear departments in the sitcom Are You Being Served? (1972-1984). Smith appeared in every one of the 69 episodes, and was the last surviving member of the original cast. The series was an enormous, unpretentious hit across the world, an innuendo-ridden farce of broadly sketched characters, each parading their own brand of sex or class-based neurosis. Alongside Upstairs Downstairs, it was at the time the rest of the world's favourite idea what the English might actually be like.

Smith recognised from the off that Rumbold was “a complete idiot”, but rather than play him as slow-witted he made him fast talking and enthusiastic, which made his dithering rather endearing.

Name:	_87081090_smith_bbc.jpg
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	9102129
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Canadiens Dickie Moore is dead.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...dead-1.3373374

Montreal Canadiens great Dickie Moore is dead at 84, the team announced this afternoon.

The team says Moore died this morning in Montreal.

The Hall of Famer spent most of his 14-year NHL career with the Canadiens, wearing number 12.

Moore played left wing for the Habs from 1951 to 1963, winning six Stanley Cups and the Art Ross Trophy for the most regular season points twice, in 1958 and 1959.

Moore scored 261 goals and had 347 assists in 719 regular season games over his career. He added 110 points — 46 goals and 64 assists — in 135 career playoff games.

There was no immediate word on the cause of death.

Comment

• Hit for JRabbit: Ian Fraiser "Lemmy" Kilminster.

I thought i had him on my list this year, but i was mistaken.

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Very sad news. Age 70, cancer.

Lemmy was truly hardcore, and I'm proud to say I had the pleasure of meeting and working with him. Brought him in for an autograph signing at a trade show back in the 90s. He was a total pro, very patient with the fans, and asked only that I supply the needed materials - 8x10 glossies, Sharpies, and a half-pint of Wild Turkey. He brought his own security.

When it was over, I had him sign the bottle. Still have it. Good times. Tonight, I shall play his first album (1972), Hawkwind's Space Ritual, in tribute.

Name:	lemmy-624-1379698016.jpg
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	9102167

RIP, Lemmy.

Comment

• Well, another year has almost come to an end and once again I have managed to save most of the people that appeared on my list at the beginning of the year. A couple of them have called me and asked if I would be offering them similar protection next year. Will the Dead Pool continue or has interest in it finally died?
                            If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by embalmer42 View Post
                              Well, another year has almost come to an end and once again I have managed to save most of the people that appeared on my list at the beginning of the year. A couple of them have called me and asked if I would be offering them similar protection next year. Will the Dead Pool continue or has interest in it finally died?
                              They should be calling me... I've protected EVERYBODY on my list
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                                They should be calling me... I've protected EVERYBODY on my list
                                What can I say? I got busy, was distracted for a moment or two and boom, before I knew it, the guy was dead.
                                If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X