2015 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Percy Sledge, 74, liver failure.

Died in hospice after a year-long battle with cancer. His signature hit: "When A Man Loves A Woman"...

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/14/wo...t-87.html?_r=0

Günter Grass Dies at 87; Writer Pried Open Germany’s Past but Hid His Own

Günter Grass, the German novelist, social critic and Nobel Prize winner whom many called his country’s moral conscience but who stunned Europe when he revealed in 2006 that he had been a member of the Waffen-SS during World War II, died on Monday in the northern German city of Lübeck, which had been his home for decades. He was 87.

His longtime publisher, Gerhard Steidl, said that he had learned late Sunday that Mr. Grass had been hospitalized after falling seriously ill very quickly. The cause of death was not announced.

Mr. Steidl said he drank his final schnapps with Mr. Grass eight days ago while they were working together on his most recent book, which he described as a “literary experiment” fusing poetry with prose. It is scheduled to be published in the summer.

“He was fully concentrated on his work until the last moment,” Mr. Steidl said...
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Skinnamarinky dinky dink, Skinnamarinky do, We loved you! Lois Lilienstein dead.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/lois-lil...t-78-1.3045731

Lois Lilienstein, the bubbly blond member of the Canadian children's musical trio Sharon, Lois & Bram, has died at age 78.

Her son, David Lilienstein, told CBC News she died peacefully Wednesday night at home in Toronto, surrounded by friends and family.

He said she had a rare form of cancer that was diagnosed in October.

"She was just a normal everyday person that had a phenomenal sense of music inside her," said David Lilienstein, who described his mother as a wonderful grandmother and fabulous cook.

"Turn to your friends and your children and sing 'skinnamarinky dinky dink,'" he said, when asked how his mother's many fans should mark her passing....
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/28/ar...tury.html?_r=0
          Jayne Meadows, Actress and Steve Allen’s Wife and Co-Star, Dies at 95

Jayne Meadows, a glamorous redheaded actress who starred on Broadway, in the movies and on television, but who was probably best known for her 46-year role as Steve Allen’s wife, business partner and frequent co-star, died on Sunday at her home in Encino, Calif. She was 95.

Her son, Bill Allen, confirmed her death on Monday.

Ms. Meadows was never as well known as her younger sister, Audrey, who played Alice Kramden on the now-classic Jackie Gleason sitcom “The Honeymooners.” But she was a versatile and accomplished actress in her own right and a familiar presence on television for years, in dramatic productions, prime-time series and game shows...

Comment

• http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/opinio...ur-ben-e-king/

Ben E King is dead.

Comment

• 'So Long, Bannatyne': Guess Who album cover building burns

Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	9101628

Thick plumes of smoke billowed from the vacant apartment building at 543 Bannatyne Ave. that was featured on the cover of The Guess Who's So Long, Bannatyne.

Fire officials said Monday one firefighter was taken to hospital with a minor injury.

The building was being renovated.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.
              ...A Winnipeg music historian says the building that burned was the birthplace of many Guess Who songs.

John Einarson says Guess Who guitarist Kurt Winter lived there with his parents in the early days of the band.

"The lyrics are about the building that burned down, where Kurt Winter had lived," Einarson said Monday. "And with the first flush of money that Kurt got from The Guess Who, he moved to Chevrier Boulevard in Fort Garry [where] he bought a house."

Einarson says many hits got their start there.

"Kurt was really into songwriting and songs like Hand Me Down World and Bus Rider and Do You Miss Me Darling and ... Rock and Roller Steam were conceived in that apartment," he said.

Einarson says it's a shame to lose such a piece of the city's history that the band's fans still seek out....

Comment

• I must confess I'm a bit puzzled as to why this news merits posting in the Dead Pool thread...
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• My 5-year protective listing lost its magic. And the world has lost a legend...

RIP B.B. King, 89

I had the honor of meeting B.B. a few times, and even got to hang out with him at Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland, where my company sponsored his show and we stayed in the same hotel. A sweet, dignified man, and relentlessly awesome guitarist. In all the times I saw him, B.B. never phoned it in. An amazing artist is lost, and I am very sad.

Oh, and a unique hit for me. One I never wanted...

Comment

• Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• 171 - 12 + 100 - 89 + 25 = 195
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• RIP John Nash
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Taxi accident WTF! Very tragic. RIP John Nash.

Also in the news...
                          (CNN)Comedy great Anne Meara, one half of the comedy team "Stiller & Meara," died at 85 on Saturday, her family said.
                          Two beautiful minds lost...

Comment

• Jacques Parizeau, former Quebec premier and separatist

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...n-b-hbert.html

Comment

• Vincent Bugliosi, Writer, Manson prosecutor, dead at 80

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/09/us/fea...bugliosi-dead/

After winning 105 out of 106 capital cases, Bugliosi became a best selling author, and correctly called for the prosecution of President George W. Bush for his invasion of Iraq.

Comment

• RIP, but
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X