Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Some Brits have testicles.

I'm not even interested in how you found this out, because I haven't had an evening meal yet and would like to be able to eat it and keep it down.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I would refrain from talking then. You might hear yourself.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
        I wonder why the USians always seem to think that the average Saudi has an ounce of love for the US.
        60 USD / barrel is not to **** with Russia (which has remained a stable market player for years) but is to stall the development of the North American capacity expansion (which is unbalancing the market right now).

This being said, I applaud one aspect of the unintended side consequence of the Saudi power play: Putin will need to suck hairy arab dick.
        It doesn't have to do with "love" for the US. I think Russian support of Syria may be enough raise the Saudi's ire. Wrecking our fracking industry is just icing on the cake.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

USD >> religeous principles.

Even/especially for Saudis.
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Saudi anger at Iran and Russia isn't religious, it's about regional power brokering, which may even trump dollars in the Saudi royal family. Remember that Russia is also helping Iran with its nuclear program, something the Saudis are worried about probably even more than the Israelis, who consider it an existential threat.

If Iran gets nukes, Saudi Arabia will feel forced to make nukes. They really really don't want to do that. It opens an enormous political can of worms for them and will cause all sorts of problems--but fewer, they judge, than if Iran has nukes and they don't.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Saudis raping Putin. It is an interesting combination, and over here results in 20% cheaper petrol (so far). Finally local benefits from US foreign policy in 21st century.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You can pay some taxes now.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                  Saudis raping Putin. It is an interesting combination, and over here results in 20% cheaper petrol (so far). Finally local benefits from US foreign policy in 21st century.
                  So life was better for you under Serbian rule?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

US foreign policy in 21st century

1990's

2000's +

First they liberate you, and then they rape you (not too bad though, just the usual pillage and what not, or at least heavily promoting those who do this internally), many others had much worse, still this one is a much improved effect, no negatives, all positive.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      I would refrain from talking then. You might hear yourself.

As Zen masters go, you're crap-ola.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                      X