X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW here's an e-mail sent by someone to one of my favorite bloggers

Hi. Up untill now I knew that elections were:

1. The festivity of democracy

2. A chance not to go to school for 2 to 3 days.

3. A chance to go to the village and take olive oil, cheese and a bit of lamb, because i'm running out of those

4. become electoral representative in some electoral centre and, if I was lucky and capable, grab a bit of ass of the adjacent electoral representative (if she had a nice one)

BUT I NEVER KNEW IT IS A CREDIT EVENT!

Do you know anything about that subject? Because Sofia (the gov representative who said that elections are a credit event) got me not having done my homework and with my pants down.

(the e-mail is visciously and funnily vitriolic, in case that didn't go through my rough translation)

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
      I bought the economist.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
          ... and the markets will not like that (because they dictate what they like and they don't like democratic inconviniences).
          *groans*

Creditors ultimately are only concerned with one thing, the risk the debtor defaults on his debts. If this this risk increases, the rate increases. It's not about democracy, morality or your hairiness. It's about risk and that's all.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

poetry against statistics

(0:36-)

Comment

Spare me the youtube vids.

Comment

boo

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                  *groans*

Creditors ultimately are only concerned with one thing, the risk the debtor defaults on his debts. If this this risk increases, the rate increases. It's not about democracy, morality or your hairiness. It's about risk and that's all.
                  And whether or not your ancestors ate roots.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It's the infamous "root privilege"

Comment

for the sake of pluralism and a test of google translate a piece from the "other" side

We spend a rainy day. Society is "on rails" and has every right to react with anger, perhaps absurd, what is happening. Politicians of the country has done literally "sea". The world does not trust any institution, no person, no source information. We are called to choose between vice and ensconced in the extreme, dangerous irrelevance of others. What dilemma and it ...

Key interlocking pillars and country corruption remain steadfast despite the crisis, despite what we've been through as a society. Sometimes one gets the feeling that we may have already done one mini Ukraine, with oligarchs who do whatever they want in the background, pieces of deep state that have become autonomous and armed gangs that make the shots in various fields. And all this in a society that feels the need to flatten everything. We are now in the process of demolishing and nothing seems able to stop us. You got the feeling that you are on the Titanic, but even if someone shout "Get the otherwise, go to the rocks," will stand a thousand and scream "go eh here, where were you when you had to talk?". The Titanic's crew has it lost, passengers have rebelled and rescue tug then puts conditions to complete the rescue ...

Against this gloomy backdrop, reminiscent country failed (failed state) in the early phase of it is good to remember a few things. Even today belong to 40 richest countries in the world. We still today the highest standard of living and higher pensions than some European countries. We are a European state that belongs to the most closed club of the West - the EU, the Eurozone and NATO. All these mean nothing to our compatriots who have lost everything, are unemployed, they can not pay their taxes. And though. To stay where we are today is neither obvious nor easy. If you fall in the abyss will look back in 2014, strange or absurd it may sound. We should have already understood, moreover, that we were the weak link of a senescent, decadent, heavily indebted European countries. Funds, the "vigor" of a business culture, education, competitiveness fleeing the continent and move east.

Europe gives a battle to maintain a standard of living threatened by global tectonic changes. We have paradoxically made great progress compared to France or Italy, but remain the weak link. On the one hand, we have a political staff and a "status quo" that has failed in its mission. He refuses to change its mind, is only interested in protecting "customers" and maintaining institutional opacity and cronyism. "It has," Simply say, modern Greek. I leave aside the institutionalized corruption and intertwining makes the country a very special case. On the other, we have the forces of extreme metapoliteftikou populism and the complaint without limits promise a return to the supposedly convenient yesterday.

We have before us a dense fog. Our mind is not clean and the temper is lost. Play wood deck, some arrange their latest works, others dream of the revolution and the Titanic continues to sail almost ungovernable. It makes sense to the points one does? Anyway the "dance" of right and left, ready to scream "shut up eh!".

Comment

Do you think Syriza could deal with cronyism more effectively than the traditional parties?

Comment

No.

But then again maybe yes.

I know for sure though that the present system cannot/won't.
                          It has done too little, too late, kept too many protections for its "boys" and its "clientelle".

Comment

But wasn't Orwell that said that a people who again and again vote for unworthy politicians, is worthy of its fate?
                            So :shrugs:

Comment

Working...
                            X