Zero Tolerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I'm just going to randomly suggest a book to read ...

http://business.highbeam.com/409744/...-stalin-russia
    well i suppose that's as a good way as any to hide from taking responsibility for your views. there's nothing like moral cowardice.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yes, your imaginary enemy certainly is horrible. Thanks for sharing.
      Last edited by Kidlicious; December 8, 2014, 15:14.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

you're really bad at this. please stop embarrassing yourself.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

do you have any other unpleasant views you'd like to attribute to your 'imaginary friend'. does he hate women too for example?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            I was going to say that you are different from people like COckney, but the more I talk to you the more I see that you are not. You think you're better than people who disagree with you.

So, yes I was young once. I was also a teacher once. What does that have to do with believing that we learn from consequences?
            I see no benefit to turning teenagers into criminals for minor offenses. It means starting adult life with a criminal record while wasting police hours and taxpayer dollars on petty HS behavior issues. That's what assistant principals are for.

I put myself above no one. But I call them like I see them, and I believe you see this one wrong. I think zero tolerance and mandatory minimums are stupid, lazy approaches to public policy, so you should not be surprised.

BTW Kid, you seem very quick to claim (ironically enough) that anyone who disagrees with you thinks they are "better than" the people they disagree with. What does that even mean?
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

if his other posts are anything to go by, likely nothing.

Comment

I don't think kid claims that for simply disagreeing with him. He claims that for anyone that insults him, so I assume that he thinks anyone that insults him considers themselves better.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  I see no benefit to turning teenagers into criminals for minor offenses. It means starting adult life with a criminal record while wasting police hours and taxpayer dollars on petty HS behavior issues. That's what assistant principals are for.

I put myself above no one. But I call them like I see them, and I believe you see this one wrong. I think zero tolerance and mandatory minimums are stupid, lazy approaches to public policy, so you should not be surprised.

BTW Kid, you seem very quick to claim (ironically enough) that anyone who disagrees with you thinks they are "better than" the people they disagree with. What does that even mean?
                  You called me a piece of crap for believing students need to learn that there are consequences for their actions, that it's a real world out there. That's what that means. And students need to learn that. They aren't getting detention in the real world. They aren't getting suspension in the real world, especially the boys.

So don't call me a piece of **** and pretend it's not because you disagree with me and then blame me for doing the same thing, because I didn't you ****!

Comment

students need to learn that there are consequences for their actions, that it's a real world out there. That's what that means. And students need to learn that. They aren't getting detention in the real world. They aren't getting suspension in the real world, especially the boys.
                    Schools are for learning without the devastating risks associated with failure in the adult world. Detentions and suspensions seem to be more appropriate. And yeah, that's what assistant principals are for. Most of them show quite a proficiency at it.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The actual situation is that the schools are failing. The asst principals are failing.

Comment

Giving kids records that will follow them for life is not the solution. (at least for the minor offenses that we're discussing here)
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Giving kids records that will follow them for life is not the solution. (at least for the minor offenses that we're discussing here)
                          Bringing pot to school is not a minor offense. Fighting is not a minor offense.

Also, we can't have those things at school. That's not a learning environment.

Comment

Crap, we had pot and fighting when I was in high school and over 80% of my graduating class finished college.
                            There are many other factors involved. These alone have happened in almost every school since the 60's. They are not the determining factors.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Kidicious, I apologize for calling you a piece of crap.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                                Kidicious, I apologize for calling you a piece of crap.
                                Cool bro Sorry for calling you a ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X