No announcement yet.

Accepted a job offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe in general is amazing. I love to just walk around the old parts of cities seing the views.

Italy has some amazing art architecture, and food, but all of it is worth visiting. Otherwise, if you want to come to Argentina (Patagonia is nice and touristy, as are the Iguazú falls), I can give you a few tips.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I am generally of the opinion that you will probably do Europe at some point anyway, so if you have a lot of time and cash to burn go somewhere that requires a lot of time and cash.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Also, hurry up before any more European apolytoner leaves and you lose a guide/drinking buddy/place to crash
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Molly is joking (or maybe not, not sure what his deal is or why he's so bitter), but I actually thought about Antarctica. The problem is the timing. It would be the middle of winter there. Not a great time to visit.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
            I am generally of the opinion that you will probably do Europe at some point anyway, so if you have a lot of time and cash to burn go somewhere that requires a lot of time and cash.
            Mostly it's the time. I'm not going to have two straight months off again probably until I retire.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
              Also, hurry up before any more European apolytoner leaves and you lose a guide/drinking buddy/place to crash
              Americans leave all the time too. Just look at Sava.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Wait is Sava really up and leaving over ferguson? That's a rather extreme reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  Wait is Sava really up and leaving over ferguson? That's a rather extreme reaction.
                  I would think that anyone who leaves here could muster up a lot more than just one problematic issue to point to. So more likely, straw that broke the camels back.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                    Take the $15k and buy a banana plantation in the Philippines. Retire. Eat lots of bananas
                    That sounds like the lamest possible retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      Is that the around the world one?
                      No, Grand Canyon and the parks around it: Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, Arches, etc.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                        Europe in general is amazing. I love to just walk around the old parts of cities seing the views.

Italy has some amazing art architecture, and food, but all of it is worth visiting. Otherwise, if you want to come to Argentina (Patagonia is nice and touristy, as are the Iguazú falls), I can give you a few tips.
                        Argentina seems like it would be a neat thing to do when it's winter in the northern hemisphere. Patagonia's gotta have 20 hours of sunlight around that time of year.

Is Buenos Aires interesting at all? What are the significant population centers outside of the Rio de la Plata area?

Comment

Well, if you come to argentina, you're not rally interested in visiting large cities

The city has its share of entertainment, and a city tour or two can be definitely interesting; especially around the historical neighbourhoods around downtown. And there's the option to go see a football match, if you're so inclined.

Outside Buenos Aires, going down roughly by general tourist appeal come:

The Iguazú falls, which are viable year-round (some months hotter and wetter than others), and pretty amazing. On the way there there are jesuit ruins that can be visited (more in Paraguay, it is possible to go over there for half a day or so, if interested). There's also a couple of jungle lodges that are really nice to go and relax and/or trek around, and another set of falls which are much smaller, bur rather than being across the river, thay're along it. Their appeal is highly dependent on how much water the river has, though (too much or too little, and there's not much to see). A bit to the south, theres some wetlands with some nice fauna to go see (lots of Capybaras, birds, caymans, if you're lucky anacondas and pumas), but you can't hunt them, so you'll probably not be interested .

Then comes Patagonia. Then Mendoza, and then the Northwest (Salta), I'll expand later. Work.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Found this site and I think that would be an awesome journey: https://sites.google.com/site/guybru...stance-on-land
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              I have a client who travels a lot and says Prague was amazing. He also loved Budapest.
                              My two favourite cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                So much for the diversified approach, eh?
                                Diversify? with only $15K? For him, that should be risk money.
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X