Accepted a job offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL OF THEM!

More seriously, how much time do you have? How much do you prefer to spend on each place?

I'd do something along the lines of London - Paris - Berlin - Warsaw - Prague - Venice - Florence - Rome - Barcelona - Madrid, adding/removing cities as needed. But you'd need a rail pass for that. Other options could be limiting yourself to 3 or 4 cities, and checking some low-cost airlines for the itinerary (you'll have to purchase luggage separately for these so, if possible, staying somewhere at a friend's and leaving with just a backpack is better for this).
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• I have a couple of months but I'm unlikely to spend that much time abroad. I also don't have any friends in Europe. To be honest, I don't really feel like going to a city just to say that I've been there. I'm more interested in specific touristy **** that is actually fun to do independent of the fact that it is Foreign. Stuff like the British Museum I guess.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Maybe some 'poly guy will host you, for a couple of days at least?

The first time I was in Europe, I did pretty much that (minus Warsaw, plus Milan), staying at least one week in every city save for Prague. So I get what you say.

I spent, between the British Museum and the Natural History museum, three whole days. The Imperial War Museum is pretty amazing too.

I also enjoy just walking around cities.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• also it depends on what you want to do; whether you want to do a whistle-stop tour or get to know just a few places better. personally i prefer to second option, but to each their own.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I'm basically asking for the names of some interesting tourist traps.

Comment

• All of the cities in my list are recommendable. There's lots to do in all of them.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• yeah (although i've not been to any, except the UK ones). there's lots of history and culture in most european cities of a reasonable size.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• I'd suggest renting a small car and doing Tuscany. Pisa, Florence, Siena etc are interesting art and cultural cities. I far preferred them to Rome. When we went we rented a villa near San Gimignano and evenings in the hills and vineyards were very enjoyable, so long as you have travelling companions.

I also enjoyed doing a Danube tour. We started in Nuremburg and followed the canal to Regensburg, following the river through Passau, Vienna, Bratislava and ending at Budapest. Stopping off at various small stops along the way - often the smaller places are more interesting because they are less well known.

In the end it may be down to budget and how you plan to get around, and if you will travel with others or not.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• My dad visited Italy last summer and found it to mostly be boring as ****. I don't think I'm going to visit there, since he and I are generally on the same page regarding these things. But he may not have visited Tuscany. I'll ask him.

I'm a lot more interested in Roman-type stuff than Renassaince type stuff, so if there is cool things to see from the Roman era that is still standing (Colosseum I guess?) then it might be worth a trip.

Comment

• If you aren't interested in such culture then you may just want to go to EuroDisney.

Comment

• Nah, I am interested in culture type stuff. I really enjoyed visiting all the historical stuff in Israel when I went there. But my dad's impression of Renassaince art was that it was all fundamentally the same--some picture of Mary or Jesus or whatnot.

Comment

• I would be particularly interested in visiting WWII and WWI stuff. There's a lot of civil war battlefields in Virginia that I found pretty interesting so I imagine I'd find those interesting in Europe as well, does anyone have suggestions for those?

Comment

• If you like nature, Norway have a lot to offer in April.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                              I would be particularly interested in visiting WWII and WWI stuff. There's a lot of civil war battlefields in Virginia that I found pretty interesting so I imagine I'd find those interesting in Europe as well, does anyone have suggestions for those?
                              Normandy. It also has other sites of interest, such as le Mont St Michel, Bayeux tapestry, Caen castle, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                                If you like nature, Norway have a lot to offer in April.
                                Have from mid-May to mid-July.

Comment

Working...
                                X