Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
    super something alright, embarrassing?
    What's embarrassing about The Pirates of the Confederate States of Israel?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

are you answering your own question? The girls want to know.

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Comment

Nice one Horsie, but I'm going to spoil your fun with them. My CEO was always loathe to let me loose with journos, saying "The problem with you engineers is that you always want to explain everything".

Coriolis has no effect on bowl swirl whatsoever, the scale is way, way too small, and swirl direction varies from bowl to bowl in both hemispheres.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            that's messed up

is that something noticeable when you travel from the south to north?
            What's more interesting is we have different stars in the Southern Hemisphere, like the beloved Southern Cross.

It's probably as loved as the north star, which we can't see so well in the south.
            Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 7, 2015, 07:03.
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

The Southern cross is loved because it is like a compass in the sky and you can see it clearly anywhere in Australia. It will help you find your way when you can see it. It can't be seen so well in the northern hemisphere.

To find it in the sky every child was taught when I was growing up to first look for "the pointers" because they are brighter, one of them being Alpha Centauri which is pretty neat in itself, and then you see the cross to the right and just slightly below the pointers in the image above.

It is a friend in the sky, and if you understand its mysteries, because navigating with it is a little complicated by its movement through the night sky, you will never be lost and always find your way home.

I always look for the southern cross in the sky when I am home.
              Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 7, 2015, 07:19.

Comment

It's not as easy as it might seem to find the southern cross on a starry night. Can you find it here?

A small hint - "the pointers" are in a different position in the sky in this shot - but still doing their job.

Comment

I can, but I also live in the southern hemisphere
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I can, and I live in the North.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      I can, and I live in the North.
                      Yep.

Here's a song for you!

Comment

you guys are so right - I found a song or hymn about the good old southern cross last night - from North Carolina!

But really, it means a lot to me, probably for irrational reasons.

If you guys ever go to Australia, please look me up

Comment

I'll look up to it
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                          X