Macedonian vs Albanian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Onodera, the Ohio river is fairly large but it flows into the Mississippi as it is west of the Appalachian mountains.
    I've said I didn't know any rivers that flow east in PA, and I wasn't sure if Ohio was in PA.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      Wrong, the Potomac is actually totally Maryland territory (except for DC). The Virginia border ends on the shoreline. Pretty sure it's the James River. If not that then the Shenandoah. Either way, absolutely a trivia question.

PA it kinda depends on how you count it. The Ohio goes through Pittsburgh but its length in Pennsylvania is not all that great. I would say it's probably the Delaware River.
      You and your BS American borders. Everywhere in the world the borders are drawn along the middle of the rivers.

Comment

Re: ToA, I was stuck for a third post-Schism Western saint. She was the most famous I could think of.

Re: rivers, my mother is from Pittsburgh, and I'm hard-pressed to come up with PA rivers. I knew the Susquehanna was in there; is Allegheny a river, or just a mountain range?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
          You and your BS American borders. Everywhere in the world the borders are drawn along the middle of the rivers.
          The situation with the Potomac is unique. Virginia and Maryland nearly went to war over it so the federal government arbitrated it. Elsewhere the borders are in the middle of the river.

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          Re: ToA, I was stuck for a third post-Schism Western saint. She was the most famous I could think of.

Re: rivers, my mother is from Pittsburgh, and I'm hard-pressed to come up with PA rivers. I knew the Susquehanna was in there; is Allegheny a river, or just a mountain range?
          Both, it's a tributary of the Ohio. It and some other one I don't remember the name of, starts with an M I think, converge to form the Ohio at Pittsburgh.

Comment

Everywhere else in the US that's true too. Virginia's just special, it dates back to colonial times.

EDIT: Oh, reg beat me. nvm
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Several states actually had mini wars over borders in colonial times and rivers were much fought over so they could charge taxes on river barge traffic.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The City of London's border extends to the south bank of the Thames for a similar reason.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Anyone know why the UK puts up with City of London and its privileges?

Comment

Because no-one knows or cares about them. The legal status of privileges are typically opaque and in practice it is hard to see how they are anything more than ceremonial.

THis is not to say that CoL does not have power, but such power is derived from the clout of the city as a major economic centre.

In the case of the river control - it was to control the bridges across the river. The gates into the City were located on far side of the river.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X