UK: Obese woman blames government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
    for what it's worth, ken is, in my view, a middle of road UK voter, who would fit quite comfortably in any of the major parties: a liberal 'one nation' tory; an orange book lib dem; or a blairite labour member - probably in the that order.
    To be fair I've moved left a lot on social issues over the last 5-10 years or so. Then again so did the Tory party until quite recently. There's actually quite a few of us feeling quite alientated within the party at the moment.

Comment

• So glad for the revolution.

Freedom from kentonios
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        No, I just lump you in with the other ****wits who think they can tell a lifelong Conservative party voter about what a UK conservative is. Despite all the other UK posters pointing out that you're wrong.
        Uhm only Dauphin posted here before and he only referred to Cameron's speeches. Cockney says you're middle of the road.

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        To be fair I've moved left a lot on social issues over the last 5-10 years or so. Then again so did the Tory party until quite recently. There's actually quite a few of us feeling quite alientated within the party at the moment.
        Oh so, the whole idea of your anti-business stance sitting ill with the Tory party isn't so ludicrous after all? Clown.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• It's like people have never heard of Red Toryism before.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
            Uhm only Dauphin posted here before and he only referred to Cameron's speeches. Cockney says you're middle of the road.
            No, I was talking about last time this tired crap came up.

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
            Oh so, the whole idea of your anti-business stance sitting ill with the Tory party isn't so ludicrous after all? Clown.
            Yes, business is clearly a social issue you ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              It's like people have never heard of Red Toryism before.
              Sounds like nonsense.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No, I was talking about last time this tired crap came up.
                When was that? I only really remember taking potshots at your fixation with the US, and deservedly so.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• George Osborne began the conference in abstemious mode, as he set out plans to cut benefits and squeeze public sector pay for another two years.
                  Osborne’s tight-fistedness on benefits quickly turned into largesse when it came to higher earners.

David Cameron has been blamed by 27 Anglican bishops for creating a "national crisis" which has seen 500,000 people visit food banks since Easter last year.
                  Benefit system failings under fire from Church leaders who claim PM's policies are 'responsible for half of food aid cases'

Comment

• Mr Hancock said there was a clear divide ahead of the election between the pro-business Tories and the "truly anti-business" Labour Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                      When was that? I only really remember taking potshots at your fixation with the US, and deservedly so.
                      I've been following US politics for over 25 years, yet apparently I'm supposed to stop being interested because some passive aggressive Belgian tells me that people are now apparently only allowed to follow politics in their own country? You're funny. Also an annoying ****, but funny.

Comment

• Please feel free to explain what a couple of random quotes from news sites is supposed to actually mean btw. You do understand for instance that The Guardian is a very left wing paper, and their 'analysis' of the Tory party is usually going to be on the level of 'Well after they rose from the 9th circle of hell..'.

Comment

• Yes, one could almost say that the Guardian is anti-business, pro-welfare.

Comment

• Are you actually going to bother explaining what the point in those quotes was, or were you just padding your post count?

Comment

• I see kentonio as more of a Boris Johnson type of Conservative (well, to certain extent anyways ).
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

...but you still kiss the photo of thatcher by your bed every night before bedtime, right?
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X