Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok View Post
    I did. Not really Card's best work.
    97% of Card's work is either mediocre or crap. Still, better than most scifi writers.

As for Columbus, discovering the Americas was almost definitely a (major) net good for humanity, so I'll give him a pass. Probably doesn't deserve his own day though since he did it by accident/because of his own stupidity/in such a genocidal manner.
    "

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
      also, why do you hate brown people, Mr. Fun?
      Because they're not white like me. Duh.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        The rain god Tlaloc was the real SOB--he took children. To Hernan Cortez!
        Hernan Cortez
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
          97% of Card's work is either mediocre or crap. Still, better than most scifi writers.

As for Columbus, discovering the Americas was almost definitely a (major) net good for humanity, so I'll give him a pass. Probably doesn't deserve his own day though since he did it by accident/because of his own stupidity/in such a genocidal manner.
          Eh... we celebrate accidents all the time. We call them birthdays.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
          X