No announcement yet.

AirFrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed my first relaxing evening in a week last night.

Early in the morning of the 14th I rushed to get ready to leave my resort in Otranto, Italy (conference). From there I met with a collaborator in Florence (2 nights), then went to hike in the Alps (2 nights in a tent), then when to meet with a future collaborator in Geneva (1 night, was suppose to be 2), then was rerouted by Air France first to Paris (1 night) and finally to San Francisco.

Were you on vacation or work KH?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      I enjoyed my first relaxing evening in a week last night.

Early in the morning of the 14th I rushed to get ready to leave my resort in Otranto, Italy (conference). From there I met with a collaborator in Florence (2 nights), then went to hike in the Alps (2 nights in a tent), then when to meet with a future collaborator in Geneva (1 night, was suppose to be 2), then was rerouted by Air France first to Paris (1 night) and finally to San Francisco.

Were you on vacation or work KH?

JM
      Vaca for me, work for the wife. SF for 5 days, Napa for 3
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
        I think the best option from paris would be belgium (zaventem) or the netherlands (schiphol) - (via fast train). I'm not sure but I think the later offers direct flights to murica.
        and it's certain that you'll get your money back if this due to a strike.
        I remember waiting out a layover in Schiphol at a rather nice beer and oyster bar. I also bought a nice wind up china music box windmill for my sister there but my then five year old nephew broke it in short order. Wind it up and it would play music while the windmill turned.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          JM
          Jon Miller, International Man of Mystery!
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            FTFY
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I'm not sure Air France is public.
              I think European Commission considers any public funding of airtransport as state subsidy and forbits it. (minus various exceptions)
              The French government still owns 16% of the shares. Also, IIRC, it has a near-monopoly on intranational flights.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Pilotes won, company lost.
                France won

Air France offers to scrap plans to expand its Transavia low-cost airline in Europe, in return for striking pilots returning to work immediately.

Comment

Pilotes won, company lost.
                  France won

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-29339845
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                  X