Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between Shakira, Rihanna and Beyonce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between Shakira, Rihanna and Beyonce?

Enlighten me.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

They're really not particularly similar anymore than any other given popular vocalists.

Certainly the music of Beyonce and Shakira do not come from the same unique musical traditions.

Genres are iffy classifications but Beyonce's music is of the R&B tradition. Shakira's is not.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yeah Colombians are definitely different from African-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        They're really not particularly similar anymore than any other given popular vocalists.

Certainly the music of Beyonce and Shakira do not come from the same unique musical traditions.

Genres are iffy classifications but Beyonce's music is of the R&B tradition. Shakira's is not.
        And Rihanna?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Rihanna is from Barbados . Though she is R&B and therefore somewhat similar musically to Beyonce, but also adds some reggie to the mix.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Quick and dirty:

Beyonce: R&B and soul
            Shakira: Latin Pop
            Rihanna: R&B and some reggie

Also Beyonce is African-American, Rihanna is African-Latin American and a quarter Irish, and Shakira is white Hispanic .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I actually find it disturbing seeing men discuss this topic.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

chauvinist

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Quick and dirty:

Beyonce: R&B and soul
                  Shakira: Latin Pop
                  Rihanna: R&B and some reggie

Also Beyonce is African-American, Rihanna is African-Latin American and a quarter Irish, and Shakira is white Hispanic .
                  Beyonce and Rihanna are musically alike while Shakira and Rihanna both have 2 a's in their name, and I'm supposed to tell them apart?

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I actually find it disturbing seeing men discuss this topic.
                    To be honest, didn't expect to get such knowledgeable answers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                      Beyonce and Rihanna are musically alike while Shakira and Rihanna both have 2 a's in their name, and I'm supposed to tell them apart?
                      You can listen to their voices... that's still a thing, you know

It's like someone being all upset that one is supposed to be able to tell the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and the Who apart .

Comment

I hope you're not seriously comparing the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and the Who to these three.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I hope you're not seriously comparing the Beatles, Rolling Stones, and the Who to these three.
                          Well those three are old white man music, true . But these three are as similar as those three guitar bands are.

Beyonce will, when she's done, likely be considered one of the great singer/performers (think Diana Ross... and not just because their career arcs are similar ). Rihanna has an absolutely fantastic voice, but isn't all that good in writing or picking pop songs. Shakira is arguably the most popular when you consider her world wide popularity.

Comment

I liked the early shakira stuff.

I can't say I know either of the other two.
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Speaking of which, I was always pretty tickled about Beyonce playing the Diana Ross role in Dreamgirls (the film), as its basically Beyonce playing herself, re: Destiny's Child.

Comment

Working...
                              X