Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relatively speaking...

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Start developing your own applications, if you have good ideas - sky is the limit.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        The reason I made comment on Six Sigma is that it's a hot topic.
        Wasn't that like in the 90s?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Wasn't Hot Topic, for that matter?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Hey you guise I've been thinking... I don't think Drinksnacks is EyesofNight after all. EyesofNight was famous for his DL's, it was almost a game to him making up new and creative DL's. For such a master of that particular art-form to make someone like Drinksnacks is not possible. I mean why would you make a name like Drinksnacks anyway, to be constantly ridiculed? EyesofNight is too smart for that and I won't be satisfied until i see EyesofNight himself in this thrade.

Thank you and Slowwy is a poop.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Management or Technical - Decide which track you want.
              Management - stick with your current if they are expanding - there will be openings
              Technical - learn about scalability - look for cool companies and polish your LinkedIn profile
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Hey you guise it's AAHZ here (that's my name lol.)

I'm just deciding to put a poast in this thrade so it will be at the top of the page.

Thank you and, as always, Slowwy is a poop.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

Get an MBA and move into management. They always need managers who also know about technical details because most MBAs don't so if you can twin software development with the management skills of an MBA you'd be more valuable to any company and can keep moving up the pay scale.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                    Hey you guise it's AAHZ here (that's my name lol.)

I'm just deciding to put a poast in this thrade so it will be at the top of the page.

Thank you and, as always, Slowwy is a poop.
                    I am quoting this poast so this thrade will be at the top of the page.

Comment

I really miss Drinksnacks so much you guise. I wish y'all were nicer to him because then he would poast moar often but everybody is always mean to The Drinksnacks.
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

Go work out for like 3-4 hrs a day and get RIPPED
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Get a job at a startup. I'm currently working for two startups: at the first startup we've rewritten the back-end about three or four times in the past year, and that keeps things interesting; the second start-up is in the pie-in-the-sky algorithm formulation phase, which is also interesting. (You don't want your only job to be in the pie-in-the-sky algorithm formulation phase, because by its nature this can often run up into a brick wall.)
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The interesting jobs I've had:
                            1. Define a compile-time language/compiler for safe compile-time memory management. This was interesting until I ran into a brick wall. This is why I say that you should keep your pie-in-the-sky projects as side projects (unless you're working on a doctorate or something)
                            2. The absentee boss. I worked on a project for a 2-man company that had never had an employee before, so they ignored me for the first six months of my employment (until their client asked for a progress report). This was a fun project because I didn't have to justify anything that I did.
                            3. The manic boss. I've rewritten the back-end at my current job three or four times; each refactor was justifiable, but still in my experience you don't see this level of code turnaround at non-startups. Anyway, the code turnaround keeps things interesting.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The problem is I'm already pretty ripped at 6% body fat and working out a ton is really just counter productive. I'm just going to mindlessly toil at my day job for money and focus on doing my own start ups.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                                waste your time making hundreds of posting on the internet displaying over-the-top arrogance, narcissism and neuroticism.
                                This is excellent advice for DrixNak.

Selling drinks and snacks as a sideline is also an excellent idea.

What would Drinkysnacks do without us?

Comment

Working...
                                X