Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should atheists in America be allowed to marry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    You are a complete moron.
    Why? Because every response from you is something I never said?

Or the mysterious time traveling post that happened ... 16 minutes ago, but was somehow what Guy was responding to

but I'll let you off the hook... maybe you quoted the wrong post
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      If you want to elaborate on his thought and rewrite his sentence in your own words, maybe you can shed some light on this. I have no idea what "gotcha moment" bull**** you think you have (or why it would be at all important). I was falsely accused of saying the government would force churches to marry people.

So if there's any pwnage going on here, it's you dip****s (probably started with Guy, who was tired on a friday) making up fake arguments and saying I'm wrong about things I never said.
      There is nothing wrong with anything Slow said. But yet, you seemed to believe he was saying that atheists wouldn't think marriage is important and tried to hammer him on it when he said no such thing - that's your reading comprehension fail. And then you doubled down on it. You are an idiot.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There is nothing wrong with anything Slow said. But yet, you seemed to believe he was saying that atheists wouldn't think marriage is important and tried to hammer him on it when he said no such thing - that's your reading comprehension fail. And then you doubled down on it. You are an idiot.
        And yet, strangely absent is the phantom explanation of what those words of his apparently mean.

It's hard to know I've committed an error if we don't know the answer.

Oh. It must be super secret, right?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also, if we're relying on what I "seemed" to be doing from your perspective... well, your case is ****ed.

Because half this bull**** is about what Guy made up about me:
          no need to force a church to perform a marriage
          AWESOME BECAUSE I AGREE

THATS WHY I DIDN"T SAY IT
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

AND WHAT ****ING PART ABOUT MY PLANLESS "GET THE GUVMINT OUT OF MARRIAGE" DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

man this feels great
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I should have posted the fat patriotic girl in this thread

though, that does risk counterattack by fun

that really hurts you guys more than me
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'll try to break it down for you:

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  They can get married, just not in a Christian church. I have no idea why having a religious ceremony is so important to people who don't believe.
                  Really? You really don't understand why marriage might be important to people, even if they don't believe in God?

Really?
                  Marriage does not equal religious ceremony. So when Slow asked why atheists would be interested in a religious ceremony (ie, a CHURCH WEDDING) you responded with the idiotic reply of "You'd don't understand why marriage might be important to atheists"? It was apparent that you thought marriage and religious ceremony are the same thing (which you confirmed in Post #46), which basically meant that your statement basically reads as trying to hammer Sloww for not understanding why atheists wanted a religious ceremony, aka a church wedding, and acting incredulous about it because you misread what he wrote.

I never said you wanted to force churches into marrying atheists. That's just your reading comprehension fail of my point. So add that onto your original.

QED, *****.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I covered all my bases. I responded to the "should" part of Slowwhand's statement. I responded to the reality part (atheists can presently get married in Christian churches)

If someone wants to show me what I missed, I'm all... eyes, i guess
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Marriage does not equal religious ceremony.
                      AWESOME, I AGREE

I NEVER SAID MARRIAGE = RELIGIOUS CEREMONY (OMISSIONS OF THE WORD "AS" NOTWITHSTANDING)

THE WHOLE "IN A CHRISTIAN CHURCH" THING IMPLIES A RELIGIOUS CEREMONY

SO YOU KNOW

I RESPONDED TO THAT

**** ME, RIGHT?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also, God forbid (literally) I make a distinction between a religious ceremony marriage and going to the goddamn justice of the peace or whatever
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Take it up with this guy:

Marriage, as a religious ceremony
                          Or did you merely misspeak?

Comment

Yes. You are obviously reading that wrong if this is your response.

Marriage, as a religious ceremony
                            Marriage, as the ultimate expression of love between two people
                            Marriage, as a useless event I must attend
                            Marriage, as a government sanctioned institution

other examples of describing marriage... one description does not negate another. Why would it?

What's wrong about that? If I have a marriage at my church, that's a religious ceremony.

If I do shots with the priests in the back after service, that's a religious ceremony.

When I have communion, that's a religious ceremony.

I understand. Me forgetting "as" in that sentence was an error.

Anything else?
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And, of course, Post #19 following Post #18. Where you assume Sloww doesn't know why atheists would be interested in marriage, after he specifically says he doesn't understand why atheists want a religious ceremony. You were the one who transposed those words.

Comment

You'll have to quote and specifically address what you are misreading (or what I mistyped). I gone over it quite a few times. It's 100% consistent with everything I've just said.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X