No announcement yet.

Eve Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think EVE is the best game that exists, but don't play anymore.

I don't have the time to play. I haven't really played in 5 years, although I maintained my account until the last 2 years (and even tried playing a couple of times in the last 2 years) and would play enough to do something occasionally in those 5 years (I was in 1 or 2 of the alliance tournaments, for example).

Really, if you have everything 'set up' and are part of an active corporation you can have fun with as few as 5 hours a week; but to really do something even in that situation you need more like 10 hours per week. To do more, and really enjoy the game to the fullest, you need at least 20 hours a week (I think).

I mostly played in low sec RP corporations (although for periods they were more high sec), although I had one alt that was in 0 and took part in some of the big wars in 2007-2008 (I was DDed back when it was mass AoE).

I never really played enough consistently (the 20 hours a week or more), because by the time I started EVE I was a mostly responsible graduate student instead of a mostly drunk and video game playing graduate student. I remember one time I had the choice between taking advantage of the new market condition of the recent release or preparing for a conference. I spent a couple of hours and made a few billion, but I could have made at least 10x that amount if I had spent more time (maybe 100x that amount, although I was never great at industrial/trading money making... I was always more interested in PvP).

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
    X