Legal weed in CO = more jobs, less govt spending and more revenue, less crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Apparently 20% of 8th graders in CO have now tried marijuana, up from ~4% or so. I was previously weakly in favor of legalization. I am now fervently against it.
    Because...
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Sava, they're planning to open up marijuana operations to license most anyone in Colorado. Maybe you should be establishing residency out there, cuz you know Illinois will take forever to do the same, and will doubtless be horribly corrupt in the process.

Live the dream.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I would love to.

Sadly, I don't do well when left to my own devices.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

everybody is on drugs

In the study, the researchers scanned the brains of 15 people before and after they received an injection of psilocybin, the hallucinogen found in magic mushrooms. This pattern of brain activity is similar to that seen in people who are dreaming, the researchers said. "I was fascinated to see similarities between the pattern of brain activity in a psychedelic state and the pattern of brain activity during dream sleep," study researcher Robin Carhart-Harris, of Imperial College London in the United Kingdom, said in a statement. In contrast, the activity in brain areas involved in "high-level" thinking (such as self-consciousness) were less coordinated under psilocybin, the study found.

Comment

Only 4% had tried pot? Far more had in my home town.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

yeah that figure sounds unbelievably low.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

(seems like an obvious troll)
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Washington state update:

Washington state's new recreational marijuana shops will open next week for the first time to legally sell marijuana to adults. But there's a problem: They're low on weed.

"Supply is going to be tight as this market launches," said Brian Smith, communications director for the state Liquor Control Board --the agency charged with regulating the nascent retail marijuana market. "This is an emerging market that doesn't exist anywhere in the world. It's a lot different than Colorado. And just like Colorado did when it first opened up, it had some shortages, but Washington's supply system is very robust and in a little bit of time all those suppliers will be feeding into the retail chain and there will be a lot."

The LCB will issue the first retail marijuana business licenses on Monday to about 20 outlets, Smith said. That gives the new pot shops about 24 hours to enter their cannabis inventory into the state's seed-to-sale marijuana tracking system so they can open for business on Tuesday.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

according to Ben I should oppose legalizing pot if the state requires a license

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        according to Ben I should oppose legalizing pot if the state requires a license
                        Like anybody actually gives a **** what Ben says
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X