X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http error 200 ok

WTF IS THIS?

200 Status Code Explained

The 200 status code is by far the most common returned. It means, simply, that the request was received and understood and is being processed.

Why it Occurs

Standard response for successful HTTP requests. The actual response will depend on the request method used. In a GET request, the response will contain an entity corresponding to the requested resource. In a POST request, the response will contain an entity describing or containing the result of the action.

What it Means

The request has succeeded. The information returned with the response is dependent on the method used in the request.

THIS DID NOT HELP ME

If the request "succeeded", why am I not looking at the web page? (happening on gawker sites)

That's like making a phone call and getting an error message that says "your call was successful".

To us, it is the BEAST.

It means the site successfully delivered the message it intended to send you (which in this case was nothing)
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
      It means the site successfully delivered the message it intended to send you (which in this case was nothing)
      This reply has succeeded
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It means they have succeeded in blocking you from the webpage.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The error message went away.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That means they were unsuccessful.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

They were successful at making that error message the thumbnail preview for their site when I open a new tab in firefox and see those tiles.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X