The Impossibility of Growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    Yes. Your seemingly bull**** statement requires proof.

Don't have any?

This is not unexpected.
    So you think that 100% of the energy and the materials that were required to build the iPod went to the iPod?

I feel sorry for you.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
      So you think that 100% of the energy and the materials that were required to build the iPod went to the iPod?

I feel sorry for you.
      Asking for proof is not the same thing as arguing an extreme version of an imagined argument against you.

And I don't need your pity. I support my arguments (the real ones).
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Of course if you shrug off 2,000 km of plastic garbage in the Pacific you can claim whatever you want about landfill space.
        Kilometers measures distance. "2000 km of plastic garbage" is meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          We can get exponentially more resources on Earth in the short-term. Once we leave Earth, we'll have exponential growth for much longer. But even that is limited. There are only so many solar systems in our galaxy, only so many galaxies in the Local Group, only so many groups in a cluster, etc.
          Each of those steps requires us to work out solutions to problems that are currently beyond our technological capabilities. There's going to come a point where we hit one of these problems and find there actually isn't a solution. Travel beyond the solar system may well be that step.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
            Kilometers measures distance. "2000 km of plastic garbage" is meaningless.
            The depth is a few dozen meters. Thanks for asking

Comment

If you think solar power is too expensive and shouldn't get subsidies, wait until we get into space exploration. It will be more expensive and will be subsidized.

We're much closer to viable solar power than to viable space exploration.
              Obviously some people expect both solar power and space exploration to be undertaken when market conditions call for it.

Comment

The depth is a few dozen meters. Thanks for asking
                Great, now we're up to two dimensions, we just need one more dimension now.

Comment

Great! Now define market conditions and how they relate to the interest of the human specy.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                    Great, now we're up to two dimensions, we just need one more dimension now.
                    The shape is elliptic. Any more stupid questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                      Great! Now define market conditions and how they relate to the interest of the human specy.
                      So there is no contradiction, you just don't like the free market.

Comment

The shape is elliptic. Any more stupid questions?
                        Have we slipped into an alternate dimension where everything is a two dimensional? I think I would have noticed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                          So there is no contradiction, you just don't like the free market.
                          I stick to the facts and look at the outcome wrt to externalities.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                            Have we slipped into an alternate dimension where everything is a two dimensional? I think I would have noticed.
                            A 2,000 km ellipse that is a few dozen meters deep. That's three dimensions.

You're officially retarded.

Comment

• Is the 2000 Km the long axis, or the short axis?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

A 2,000 km ellipse that is a few dozen meters deep. That's three dimensions.

You're officially retarded.
                                I'm not retarded... you just can't write clearly. Assuming you mean "2000km in diameter" (seriously WTF is a "2000km ellipse" supposed to be?) and "a few dozen meters" is 36 meters then we have ~133 thousand cubic km of volume (assuming the ellipse is close to a circle in shape), in an ocean that is 660 million cubic km in size. Oh ****, .02% of the Pacific contains garbage? OHHHHHH MYYYY GODDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X