Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
    Why don't you legalize pot already?
    I already made pot legal. There are just a bunch of stubborn old cops and judges who refuse to accept the new reality.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
      NO FELCH
      THEY OCCUPY THE SAME VOLUME
      AND IF THE VOLUME GREW 5% A YEAR FOR 500 YEARS JUST THINK OF HOW BIG THE IpOD WOULD GET!
      Still failing to understand?

The iPod is small; much more resources are consumed and turned to waste in the process of fabrication.

The waste does take space.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        That strategy doesn't work against me, because I'm never wrong. If I claim that 6 is an odd number, or that the sky is green after a lunar eclipse, such insane statements become true because I said them.

It's cool being able to redefine reality with a mere utterance, but I try not to abuse the power.
        I'll change "wrong" to something like: "believes in meanings to words different than those the rest of society has agreed upon"
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The theory goes that from the point exploitation of fossil fuel was discovered the world entered an accellerated on steroids course, tapping into centuries of concentrated energy.
          Once this runs out, the whole thing will grind to a halt

(and then felch and mad monk will definitely have the edge)

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post

Do you have legitimate evidence to present regarding the amount of "waste" per iPod produced?

You know... to support the thing you just said.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's hilarious that people who are skeptical about green technologies are just so gung ho about "space exploration"

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                The theory goes that from the point exploitation of fossil fuel was discovered the world entered an accellerated on steroids course, tapping into centuries of concentrated energy.
                Once this runs out, the whole thing will grind to a halt
                Assuming we don't bootstrap into something else.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It's hilarious that people who are skeptical about green technologies
                  like who?

You can't (well, you can... and do ) say something stupid and then hide behind "green technologies"... as if people are opposed to that instead of your unsupported assertions.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Still failing to understand?

The iPod is small; much more resources are consumed and turned to waste in the process of fabrication.

It's not like the electronics of the past were made in a totally environmentally friendly waste-free way.

Comment

"Green" technologies take resources too. There's waste. Slapping a color in front of something doesn't change the realities of production.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                        Assuming we don't bootstrap into something else.
                        Which we almost certainly will. There's plenty of energy out there.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yes. Used electronics are turning into vast swaths of toxic garbage. This is to be factored in the "cubic meter" heuristical point.

Comment

x-doomsdayfanatic'd

Indeed, you might say we already are.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yes. Used electronics are turning into vast swaths of toxic garbage. This is to be factored in the "cubic meter" heuristical point.
                              We're not going to run out of landfill space.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                                like who?

You can't (well, you can... and do ) say something stupid and then hide behind "green technologies"... as if people are opposed to that instead of your unsupported assertions.
                                It's obvious.

Right-wingers deny the significance of externalities like pollution. They oppose subsidies to ecological research.

They keep claiming though that we'll just explore space in time for growth.

Comment

Working...
                                X