new Wolfenstein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Wolfenstein

I've been reading previews/reviews all morning. The steam forum page seems to be littered with people suffering from technical issues.

I've not played the game yet. My initial impression is that the game is bug ridden and not worth $60 (for less than 20 hrs of gameplay, limited replayability, and no multiplayer).

Thoughts on this game?

courtesy of r/gaming:

I'll probably pick it up at a sale... though, I don't think I'll pay unless it drops below $20.

$1 per hour is about the most I'll pay for an entertainment product... aside from the occasional movie.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

I think I'm even less excited than you are. I'm waiting til it's part of a Wolfenstein collection, maybe twenty for the whole franchise.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

$20 for the whole franchise? I dunno. They could easily charge $50 for a Wolfenstein collection during the steam sales and still have lots of buyers (assuming the overall savings % seems large, like in the 70's)
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have heard it takes up an ungodly amount of disk space because of uncompressed textures. Supposedly new AAA titles are doing this now because they get 40-50GB disks to work with on consoles, but god help you if you're trying to download it or keep your entire absurdly large steam library on your hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          I have heard it takes up an ungodly amount of disk space because of uncompressed textures. Supposedly new AAA titles are doing this now because they get 40-50GB disks to work with on consoles, but god help you if you're trying to download it or keep your entire absurdly large steam library on your hard drive.
          Yes.

and devs are now also doing this with uncompressed sound too

My SSD is 512GB. I can't afford to have a single game take up 10% of that.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Have you heard of the Other Games forum?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No, tell us about it.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

There aren't enough people in all of apolyton to even fill the OT forum. We're pushing it by having a separate sports forum. Other Games is a bridge too far.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                  Have you heard of the Other Games forum?
                  I wanted replies. Fuck me, right?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The laser cutter thingy looks fun!

(yes i just visited reddit)
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What I hear from people is it's a great game which reminds them of the old games without cutscenes every 5 seconds.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          What I hear from people is it's a great game which reminds them of the old games without cutscenes every 5 seconds.
                          Today, I'm seeing many more positive remarks about this game than I was yesterday.

Hopefully, the supposed technical issues get dealt with quickly.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Apparently, there is multiplayer. But it's not very good. So I've read...

edit: nevermind...
                            Last edited by Sava; May 22, 2014, 10:49.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              I don't know much about this kind of thing; could that be a deliberate move to discourage piracy by making it cumbersome to move? Sort of like how they keep razor blades in those huge clunky boxes?
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X