"Tatay, why trees have leaves?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tatay, why trees have leaves?"

In English. Tatay is 'father'. Abby, 5, is a smart kid. All parents sat their kids are smart but I figure its in the questions they ask.

Got any good ones your little kids have asked?

Abby gets "Obedient" award. I asked if there was a mix up but apparently not.

I answered, "Because trees get food from the sun on their leaves and from the ground in their feet."

Edit: Another good one she asked a few weeks back...

Abby raised up her favorite teddy bear and asked, "Tatay, why is this cute?"

I told her, "Because you believe its cute."

Anyone?
    Last edited by Lancer; May 12, 2014, 06:50.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

When I was 2.5 years old(and believe it or not, *I* remember this, not my parents! I have a lot of memories from childhood), I asked my parents where the feet of the ducks went when they were swimming on the lake. They disappeared, as everyone could see. I got my answer, and I remember not believing them.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Perhaps it was your disbelief that made you remember. You might have figured that you wanted to look into this more if you ever met a duck expert.

Augustine is the happiest soul in the world, but I'm worried that his illnesses deprived his brain of nutrients. We are giving him good vitamins now, and veggies and meat, but God knows. Sometimes I think he's catching up. Abby is a happy soul too, but sharp as a tack. Her hardships slowed her down certainly but she has sprung back like there's no stopping her. God willing in the next year Augustine makes major progress. Playing catch with him today, he loved it. One bounce on the floor and when he focused and when I threw it well he caught it, and there was much rejoicing!

Pray for him Nik.
      Last edited by Lancer; May 13, 2014, 11:02.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
      X