No announcement yet.

WRT killing sprees, I think anti-depressant usage is more to blame than guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRT killing sprees, I think anti-depressant usage is more to blame than guns

Obviously, guns do more damage than knives. All guns should be illegal for civilian use. There's no positive benefit to society to have gun ownership.

argh i told myself i wouldn't troll guns

But no srsly. These kids have to deal with enough BS. Then some dickhead psych doctor who doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground plays pin the neurotransmitter on the donkey. It's reckless and criminal. These psychiatisrst should be locked up

THey give these kids powerful medications with unpredictable side effects. And needlessly so. There is no disease that psych medication cures. You don't feel sad because your body is lacking Paxil or Wellbutrin. These substances are designed to treat symptoms. But of all the tools available, prescribing medication is both the most dangerous course of action and the least effective... often leading to disastrous results.

But why is it so bad?

Impulse control.

These meds **** with it. So the normal butthurt 16 year old that gets rejected for prom? He just goes home and cries like a normal kid. All the normal anger fantasies that happen with people, we are able to reach clarity and say "Hey, I'm pissed off that my dream girl didn't go with me to prom. That sucks" and then he goes and plays with pokemon or whatever kids do these days.

So yeah. Psychiatric medication should only be given to psychotic individuals in a hospital setting.

But banning those dangerous meds is probably more difficult than banning guns.

And if hillbillies would make psych meds part of their cracker culture, attacking it would be more fun.

So in conclusion, we should create a federal task force and go collect all the illegal guns. These troops should be supported with light armored vehicles, drones, and attack helicopters.

If some militia wants to martyr themselves, let them. The world is better off.

Love,
    Sava
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Where does the article you linked to mention medication?

Comment

He had a suicide attempt a year ago and was under the care of a doctor.

That means meds.

Oddly enough, it's almost like private medical information doesn't get released to the press?

DUH
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Where does it say he had a suicide attempt a year ago?

Comment

Are you high right now or something?

Comment

Sava, if the panoply of psychiatric drugs I'm on gave me poor impulse control, I'd write a mostly all caps, frothing rebuttal about how wrong you are. Instead, you're getting this.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              Sava, if the panoply of psychiatric drugs I'm on gave me poor impulse control, I'd write a mostly all caps, frothing rebuttal about how wrong you are. Instead, you're getting this.
              Well, I'm convinced!

thx
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
                Where does it say he had a suicide attempt a year ago?
                In the article. Try reading. Letters form words. Words form sentences. Left to right. Top to bottom. Spelling. Punctuation. Grammar.

All that.

If you need assistance, I'm sure we can find you a tutor.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, please copy and paste the part of the article that says what you claim it says instead of being rude.

Comment

One former close friend, Tyler, told the Daily Mail that Plaskon tried to kill himself last year but called a friend at the last minute. The account was not verified by other friends.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

pedophile
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

1. Daily Mail lol
                        2. Not verified
                        3. No mention of any shrinks being involved... so your ranting about Xanax madness isn't warranted

Please stop smoking pot... you obviously suffer from Reefer Madness

Comment

He had dark days like any teenager and seemed down in recent months, friends said. He missed last football season — no one interviewed could say why — but had been training lately in hopes of rejoining the team in his senior year.

If you have evidence that his friends are lying, please cite.

About mention of a doc: Again, it's almost like private medical information is like... private.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            True, there are plenty of success stories, but there are also plenty of accounts, including form people I know, that demonstrate what a crapshoot it can be -- not because the drugs are ineffective, far from it
                            -- but because we don't have a firm grip on what they will do to a given person's chemistry.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/27/ny...&rref=nyregion

If you have evidence that his friends are lying, please cite.

About mention of a doc: Again, it's almost like private medical information is like... private.
                              So you can just make up stuff, assume he was prescribed drugs and go on an anti-drug rant? Dumb pothead

Comment

Working...
                              X